All presets except preset #000 gone

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Just powered up the AxeFx III and all presets, except the first one are gone?
What could have gone wrong?

Have you remembered to renew your Fractal Audio subscription?

j/k, I hope it's temporary.

Check the calendar to start the week on preset 0 instead of preset 1
Setup > Global Settings > General > Display Offset (0 or 1)

I cannot understand these hill-tribes that start the week on Sunday instead of Monday. How can they split the "week-end" like that? How do they call it? Hey, have a nice last and first day of the week! :D

Last edited:
Wow... It must be Smartass Sunday!

I think the last post is a good question: Axe-edit or front panel?

You could try reloading the firmware or a backup. Seems very odd... Maybe a bad component?

Check your system settings via the front panel. Check whether your midi programming assignments for instance, are still in the settings, or if they have been wiped clean.

Perhaps someone from Fractal will see your post and offer suggestions, but you could be having a real problem with your unit and maybe a support ticket is in order. Then Fractal will take care of you.

Check your system settings via the front panel. Check whether your midi programming assignments for instance, are still in the settings, or if they have been wiped clean.

Perhaps someone from Fractal will see your post and offer suggestions, but you could be having a real problem with your unit and maybe a support ticket is in order. Then Fractal will take care of you.
I almost mentioned that, but I don't think presets are stored in the same place as system settings... But I could definitely be wrong.

Thanks for the helpfull responses - the smartass remarks notwithstanding ;-)
Tis is the first time this has appened to me in 11 years of Fractal equipment use.
The only thing I can remember is trying out some settings on the RJM GT22 and the Axe freezing.
The presets are all wiped from the axe-fx's memory.
So not in axe Edit only.

Thanks for the helpfull responses - the smartass remarks notwithstanding ;-)
Tis is the first time this has appened to me in 11 years of Fractal equipment use.
The only thing I can remember is trying out some settings on the RJM GT22 and the Axe freezing.
The presets are all wiped from the axe-fx's memory.
So not in axe Edit only.
Well... That sucks. I would try a restore or reload of firmware first.

Definitely sounds like a support case to me.

Back
Top Bottom