All My Ultra Patches May 2011

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Here is my Ultra (firmware 10.05) bank of all my user patches for you to use with your Ultra or Standard (*note, with a Standard, you just need to take out 2 of the PEQ blocks).

*Note: you may need to remove controllers in most of the effects block or assign them to your own expression pedal setup. I used one expression pedal to mix in the wet level of most of these effects.

The most used User IR is/was my Red Wire G12m Cap Off Axis 3" with a SM57. You can default to that on most any patch here with some grit to it in order to get an idea of what that distance and orientation of the mic offer. That IR is available for *free* from Red Wire. No mixing or anything more than dropping that into User Slot 6 is needed - in *most* cases. (*Most of the cleaner tones are using Factory IR's).

Note that there are some factory presets in here; everything I did was with the "SP" on the end of the preset title.

Here's the download: 04 29 2011 Bank A AxeFX Backup firmware v1005.syx

Have fun. There's nothing really special about these; it's just parameters. Have fun.

This will be a very welcome gift to many users. Thanks!!

Edit: Wow, that's a BRIGHT IR! Explains why treble and presence are turned down as much as they are.

Last edited:
Thanks, Scott! I doubt I'll have time to go through these tonight as my MFC-101 was delivered today and I've got to get it set up, but I'll check it out as soon as I can.

In AxeEdit go to Preset Manager, select the bank tab and then hit the source button and navigate to the file. Should load up all is presets in there for you to audition.

Yeah; I suppose a proper thanks would be in order. :)

Of course you just changed my plans for the evening. I just got done working out and need a shower and was planning on relaxing and catching game 4 tonight of the eastern conference finals...perhaps I'll tune in for the final 2 minutes or something to see who wins. I mean all the stuff leading up to that is basically just delaying the inevitable and really just for show isn't it?

I wouldn't thank me before you check them out; you might think they all suck! :D

One more tip: Set up LFO1 to random and "Double Whole" to hear what the Rotary is supposed to be doing. It's VERY cool.

Thanks Scott, look forward to checking them out 8)

If anyone can answer, I just updated to Firefox 4
How do you save it?
It wants to load in a new tab
Save As ~ saves it as a web page

Edit ~ never mind, the mediafire page wasn't originally loading
Got it!

Last edited:
I wouldn't thank me before you check them out; you might think they all suck! :D

One more tip: Set up LFO1 to random and "Double Whole" to hear what the Rotary is supposed to be doing. It's VERY cool.

Ciao Scott,
I saw different user cabs in your presets (User 8, User 4, User 3, etc.)
Which cabs do you use in that slots? Just using for every slot the RW cab you suggested in your first post?

tnx :)

Ciao Scott,
I saw different user cabs in your presets (User 8, User 4, User 3, etc.)
Which cabs do you use in that slots? Just using for every slot the RW cab you suggested in your first post?

tnx :)

User 3 = Bassman mix. (*see below)
User 4 = RW G12M 4" Cap Off-Axis SM57
User 8 = RW Basketweave G12M-20 3" Cap Off-Axis SM57

Bassman 410 Ref Mix9
BassmanP10Qs-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-4in.wav,0.85
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-Cap-0in.wav,0.05
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-Back-12in.wav,0.05
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-RoomL.wav,0.025
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-RoomR.wav,0.025

User 3 = Bassman mix. (*see below)
User 4 = RW G12M 4" Cap Off-Axis SM57
User 8 = RW Basketweave G12M-20 3" Cap Off-Axis SM57

Bassman 410 Ref Mix9
BassmanP10Qs-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-4in.wav,0.85
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-Cap-0in.wav,0.05
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-Back-12in.wav,0.05
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-RoomL.wav,0.025
BassmanP10Qs-TC30-RoomR.wav,0.025

Thanks Scott
for the moment I'm starting experimenting with RW Free G12M-20 3" Cap Off-Axis SM57 in all User Cabs Slots

Hey Scott. I just tried out your patches today. Thanks for sharing. My question is layout/setup based.

What is the logic behind the 4 PEQ's. Are they used together or do you use the one per preset based on its setting? They do make a very noticeable difference in the sound.

Thanks

Pauly

Back
Top Bottom