jcpwn

Hello everyone,
I've bought an axe fx 2 XL+ few months ago and made the lastest update.
All my presets sounded just fine (the stocks and the ones i downloaded) until something strange happened.
For basically no reason (as far as I know), all my presets started to sound muddy. They now clearly lack of distortion, reverb and delay.
I have no idea what happened honestly, all that I know is that I used it for a recording session at university and my teacher and I kinda messed a little bit on the edit section to have a sound that would fit the amp.
So far I checked :
-Cables
-Speakers (as well as headphones)
-Guitars (tried with 6 different high-end guitars)
-Inputs
-Presets (basically tried 200 and all feels the same)

Might be something on the edit section, just don't have any idea where to start.
Hope you guys come up with a simple solution!
thank you very much!

Hey there

Playing through an amp maby you turned the amp modeling off...

check in the global menu:
Amp modeling on?
Cab modeling on?
How about the global eq? Happened to me some time that it was not flat (all zero).

Cheers

Hello everyone,
I've bought an axe fx 2 XL+ few months ago and made the lastest update.
All my presets sounded just fine (the stocks and the ones i downloaded) until something strange happened.
For basically no reason (as far as I know), all my presets started to sound muddy. They now clearly lack of distortion, reverb and delay.
I have no idea what happened honestly, all that I know is that I used it for a recording session at university and my teacher and I kinda messed a little bit on the edit section to have a sound that would fit the amp.
So far I checked :
-Cables
-Speakers (as well as headphones)
-Guitars (tried with 6 different high-end guitars)
-Inputs
-Presets (basically tried 200 and all feels the same)

Might be something on the edit section, just don't have any idea where to start.
Hope you guys come up with a simple solution!
thank you very much!
I had a similar one. Check global settings! My power amp was turned off.

Jcpwn, did any of the above solve your issue? I'm trying to answer the same question.

I'm not new to modeling or Fractal. I had a similar issue I replaced my Ultra with an AX8. I didn't have time to resolve it so, went back out with FX8 and tube amp. I now have an FM3 + FC6. Sounds muddy. After fumbling for a while, I've found using empty presets with connector in straight to out sounds muddy eliminating blocks or Global settings. This is true with any combination Out 1 and Out 2 to FRFR or amp/cap. It's not cables. I can use the exact same cables on my HX Stomp without issue.

I've been able to use a filter with a tilt EQ with some success but, why? The signal path should be flat.

Any and all advice surely appreciated.

John

After fumbling for a while, I've found using empty presets with connector in straight to out sounds muddy eliminating blocks or Global settings.
Just FYI, that doesn't eliminate global settings, unless you don't consider the output EQs global.

Have you checked those? Have you tried a system reset?

I just loaded 5.01, rest the machine and reloaded the updated factory presets, all blocks and global settings. No luck. Yet.

Thanks

Cliff and I had a few "instructive" conversations in the early days. I was avoiding that until I exhausted the forum. I'll contact them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom