Wish All-in-one 'space' algorithm like the H9's "ModEchoVerb"

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I would love to see a lightweight all-in-one block that has a basic chorus, stereo delay, and reverb that costs less DSP than the three individual blocks.

This wish is more to conserve DSP on the FM3, but I think it would be handy. Oftentimes, I don't have any major delay or reverb; I just have them on for a little space so the sound isn't so dry; I wouldn't need each block's full list of parameters; maybe just some for each type of effect:

Chorus: Type, rate, depth, mix, EQ
Delay: Type, time/subdivision, feedback, mix, EQ
Reverb: Type, length, mix, predelay, EQ

...and then maybe a sort of mixer or ability to rearrange them?

I use the H9's ModEchoVerb as an example; you only get 11 parameters total, but for an all-in-one algorithm, it's pretty nice. If FAS could make it less DPS intensive than all three (or even 2?) of the blocks combined, that would be idea. I don't think it'd need to have all the types of every effect, just some basic ones like analog, digital, tape, vintage, for instance, for the delays.

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with just a delay/verb combo block that used less DSP than one or the other.

Multidelay will get you there. Try the Quad parallel delay and use two delays for chorusing, two for delay and add diffusion to smear the delay repeats into reverb.

Plex verb is a great alternative to reverb of you want to save some CPU too.

Holy christ, Leon; I've got some stuff to play with. I've never even touched these blocks in the 3 years I've owned the Axe Fx III lol!

The MTD is so awesome. It's like a PCM81, Eclipse and a Timeline had a baby and it's only one block!

Back
Top Bottom