All-In-One or Do you use Effect pedals as well?

This is stuff that concerned me. Hopefully you can use delay and reverb together; I'm guessing just not certain ones. Sounds like a puzzle. I can see where you really have to plan.
in my patch you can remove the Rotary or the Drive it will give a little margin to have the reverb and be under 80% of CPU load

Interesting. That is what I will figure out when I get my FM3 today. I have a Big Sky, and am curious if the FM3 can replace it.
what I like most is the modifiers on reverb and scene that can control the settings of the verb, to do that with the Strymon I'm guessing will be challenging midi change control programming, for me just too cumbersome, the Strymon may sound a bit better to you but most likely not by much if at all + FM3 interface smokes the Strymon IMO ...

Interesting. That is what I will figure out when I get my FM3 today. I have a Big Sky, and am curious if the FM3 can replace it.

Definitily. The only question is - do you need to save CPU or not.
If not, the FM3 can do everything.

I rebuild my Strymong sounds in few hours doing a/b comparisons.
Its work, but doable.

Definitily. The only question is - do you need to save CPU or not.
If not, the FM3 can do everything.

I rebuild my Strymong sounds in few hours doing a/b comparisons.
Its work, but doable.

I did an A B last night as well with the FM3 onboard reverbs and my Strymon Big Sky, and I totally agree, infact the FM3 verb sounded better a few times.. I will probably sell my Big Sky.

I did an A B last night as well with the FM3 onboard reverbs and my Strymon Big Sky, and I totally agree, infact the FM3 verb sounded better a few times.. I will probably sell my Big Sky.
Wow, that's saying something, close to sacrilege. LOL - That's an amazing testimony to the effect quality of the FM3.

My personal conundrum is I would have sell many of my pedals to enter the FM3 world. Once there, if I hate it or can't use it due to user brain malfunction, I'm stuck. The what if's are killing me. Anyway, all this info is extremely helpful. Thanks!

Wow, that's saying something, close to sacrilege. LOL - That's an amazing testimony to the effect quality of the FM3.

My personal conundrum is I would have sell many of my pedals to enter the FM3 world. Once there, if I hate it or can't use it due to user brain malfunction, I'm stuck. The what if's are killing me. Anyway, all this info is extremely helpful. Thanks!
I am going to A B some more, since I was well up past my bed time when I started comparing the Big Sky.

Yea, I was worried about being in a similar predicament. My wife wanted me to sell my Helix first, and I was like nahhh aint not way, I gota make sure the FM3 is going to work. Luckily I was able to pull that off. My friend is planning to buy my Helix.

what are you doing for amps? I may have missed that comment

I am going to A B some more, since I was well up past my bed time when I started comparing the Big Sky.

Yea, I was worried about being in a similar predicament. My wife wanted me to sell my Helix first, and I was like nahhh aint not way, I gota make sure the FM3 is going to work. Luckily I was able to pull that off. My friend is planning to buy my Helix.

what are you doing for amps? I may have missed that comment

This is intended to be an ampless solution for church, direct to FOH / IEM. (I prefer amps, but they started putting them in closets covered with blankets and I have a thing about tube amps being disrespected like that. LOL - They are already hot; making them hotter just seems wrong.)

This is intended to be an ampless solution for church, direct to FOH / IEM. (I prefer amps, but they started putting them in closets covered with blankets and I have a thing about tube amps being disrespected like that. LOL - They are already hot; making them hotter just seems wrong.)

That's how I run my Helix strait XLR L/R to FOH. I was very pleased with that setup. I will use FM3 same way.

To me the FM3 sounds more like what a real amp should sound. I have never owned a real amp.. but I do notice the FM3 tone sounds closer to what I am used to hearing on isolated guitar tracks via Multi Tracks, and I know Bethel and Hillsong are using real amps.

Yea forget that... amps in closets with blankets over them.

Kari Jobe's guitars Jordan Holt uses an FM3.

I use mine primarily at church. I don't believe you would be disappointed. If you got it and didn't like it, you could sell it very quickly and most probably not risk much financially (cheapest one on Reverb is $1,225 right now).

I use mine primarily at church. I don't believe you would be disappointed. If you got it and didn't like it, you could sell it very quickly and most probably not risk much financially (cheapest one on Reverb is $1,225 right now).
My concern then would be stuck with no effects, but I think I have a plan to hold on to a few pedals, just in case. Once settled with FM3, sell the remaining for the FC-6 and some type of switches or controllers.

All in one. That I haven't sold off most of my pedals is mostly laziness and lack of time colliding with a smidgen of packrat-ism....
Moving is a lot of work. Last time I moved I found these 2 big dudes in an add at the U-Haul place. They were great. Not only did they move all the heavy stuff, but they knew how to pack the truck. Man, It was like Tetris. It would have taken me 3 trips to get what they packed in 1.

I know I'm kind of a weirdo like this, but there's a few things that I like to have as separate, just to have them immediately available. I've always kept a Blackstone overdrive on my AF3 board, and I think it's going to be replaced with the CB Automatone preamp. Having the outside overdrive is just a preference- it's not necessary by any means, but it lets me be a little bit more flexible in the moment, in that I don't feel quite as locked into the scenes that I have programmed. If I were switching to the FM3, I could see having a separate reverb and drive pedal, and using the FM3 for stacking drives and verbs, delays, pitch, amps and cabs, all the other stuff. Particularly if the reverb and drive were midi enabled- you could have a really powerful system with that.

My concern then would be stuck with no effects, but I think I have a plan to hold on to a few pedals, just in case. Once settled with FM3, sell the remaining for the FC-6 and some type of switches or controllers.
I'm not sure what effects you're afraid of being without. The FM3 can definitely fulfill any P&W requirements. I recommend you look more at the Worship Tutorials website and youtube vids. Personally, I find the three foot switches are adequate. I already had two Boss FS-5U switches, so I recently started using them to inc/dec the scenes.

Something else you might do is to download FracTool and you can then look at different presets people have developed, some are quite complicated.

Cheers.

The FM3 is a memory hog with reverbs, even if they are lower quality (try applying a high-quality and you can't use many more effects or blocks). Consequently, I have the Black Hole by Eventide in mind for this... to replace the reverb block with a pedal, which frees up a ton of memory for the other items.

I'm not sure what effects you're afraid of being without. The FM3 can definitely fulfill any P&W requirements. I recommend you look more at the Worship Tutorials website and youtube vids. Personally, I find the three foot switches are adequate. I already had two Boss FS-5U switches, so I recently started using them to inc/dec the scenes.

Something else you might do is to download FracTool and you can then look at different presets people have developed, some are quite complicated.

Cheers.
Sorry that I wasn't more clear. If for any reason I didn't like it (too complicated or whatever the case may be), I'd be without effects until I sold it and bought pedals again. Honestly, I'm sure that I'm overthinking this. I just trying to avoid making a mistake. I've been working with pedals since like forever. :)

The FM3 is a memory hog with reverbs, even if they are lower quality (try applying a high-quality and you can't use many more effects or blocks). Consequently, I have the Black Hole by Eventide in mind for this... to replace the reverb block with a pedal, which frees up a ton of memory for the other items.

Funny that you say that. I was kinda of suspecting that, but other have refuted that on my recent posts here as a noob. Maybe I keep the Big Sky for a little while?

Back
Top Bottom