I want a FAS factory tour!

• Total voters
Why not have a live streaming web-cam then we can all monitor the progress of AE TNP in real time whenever we like?:lol

I voted no. What happens in the bunker stays in the bunker. Besides, viewing the fossilized remains of Zoom,s Digitechs, PODs, Johnsons, and Kempers might be more than some viewers can take. :)

Camera is following M@

"Welcome to FAS. Let's have a look around!"
/open a door to a stark white lab with a single table in the center if the room. On that table is an axe fx II with several men wearing full surgical outfits operating on it. "This is the repair shop. Next up is r&d"

Upon opening the next door you immediately hear wailing guitar riffs. Posters of models act as wallpaper and the empty carcasses of pedals are strewn about the room. A couple long haired dudes are passing a guitar back and forth discussing how the vintage soviet tubes have "more crack" than the modern Chinese ones.

Matt points to a huge studio window and on the other side, illuminated by a single spot light, sits The Dumble.

We are then taken to a massive set of marble French doors that grind as he pulls the oversized brass handles towards him. The air is filled with amazing tone that you've never heard, but is oddly familiar sounding. Atop a giant throne Cliff sits with his chin on his fist, concentrating.

We're quickly shooed out of the room and into an alley next to a dumpster. The camera pans around and the door is gone.

And in the Lounge we see Vai, Satriani, Bonamassa and Clapton waiting in que for a "Manhattan Fractal" because B.B. King is the oldest in line.

I Imagine that the workshop is a bit of a dump. There's no time for cleaning when genius's (geni-i?) are at work. Organised chaos is where it's at. I bet Cliff has amps stacked on top of his fridge and cabs replacing table legs etc.

Went there to Pick up my Axe FX as I only live 1/2 hour from there, It's in a rather unassuming Industrial complex,Walked into a Small Hallway to the right was the Reception / Office area,Then to the Left was a Couple of Rooms that were Very White and Bright indeed, Older Guy Soldering boards inside an Open Axe and another room that was Filled With about 30 to 40 Axe FX Units on top of each other ready for Shipping, and I gather from an Interview with Cliff that the Amps for the most part are in his House, Didn't see a room filled with Amps but still very cool to see where they are being manufactured.

Heh, I bet this is gonna look like every software company in this world:

Empty white rooms with double-screen workplaces, the occasional pinup girl on the wall, a showcase in the hallway and a recreational room with an old couch that looks like it comes right out of the bulk garbage. You might find a single lonely flower in the hallway aswell.

But the amp room will surely be interesting. I imagine it looking kind of like a music store. ;)

The problem with software companies is: most of the magic happens at home...

Went there to Pick up my Axe FX as I only live 1/2 hour from there, It's in a rather unassuming Industrial complex,Walked into a Small Hallway to the right was the Reception / Office area,Then to the Left was a Couple of Rooms that were Very White and Bright indeed, Older Guy Soldering boards inside an Open Axe and another room that was Filled With about 30 to 40 Axe FX Units on top of each other ready for Shipping, and I gather from an Interview with Cliff that the Amps for the most part are in his House, Didn't see a room filled with Amps but still very cool to see where they are being manufactured.

I did the same when in Boston. There is nothing to see, your typical industrial strip mall building.

I've Googled the address and looked at it from street view. People who've been there are right that it is a really unassuming, I daresay boring, industrial complex. You'd have no clue that inside is the foremost guitar technology company in the world. At least Cliff keeps the overhead as low as possible, so we don't have to pay $1000 more per AxeFX than we do.

Quite literally, to borrow from The Simpsons, from the exterior it would look like the factory that makes boxes.

"The story of how two brothers (and five other men) parlayed a small
business loan into a thriving paper-goods concern is a long and
interesting one. And, here it is: it all began with the filing of form
637/A, the application for a small business or farm..."

Back
Top Bottom