All Gain Tones sound fuzzy/buzzy?

Hard to say what you're describing as fizziness without hearing an example but, some things to maybe try are:

• Use less gain and treble and turn the amp up. A lot of amps (not all) don't use 0-10 scaling and therefore the knobs typically have to be lower than IRL. Then use a boost pedal if you need more gain.
  • Turn off the input gate
  • Turn off speaker compression, lower speaker drive, try soft/med/hard breakup modes and adjust thump.
  • Increase Negative feedback
  • Decrease Master Bias Excursion, although this is what make the amps sound raw and real, rather than polite and modelled.
  • Change the preamp tube type and/or adjust the hardness.

If you post an example even just a couple power chords where we can hear what you're talking about, some of the more advanced users I'm sure could point you in the right direction.

Friedman HBE 2010 is my favorite on the Axe. It sound amazing to me, and maybe it's just because I play a wet sound with either a pitch block or chorus and reverb
This!
The real BE/HBE was my main Amp for years, I love it.
If you want it to be nastier, dirtier in the Axe, change it to Plexi Tonestack, lower the negative feedback and raise the master volume and the BE/HBE will turn into a angry beast.

I am an AX8 owner, so have no right to be on this forum, but...:)
I bought a pair of new ADAM monitors thinking that they would sound great and I find them clinical and in some settings fizzy. Having then plugged back into my guitar amp (I bypass the amps eq and preamp section to just use the power amp) the Fractal unit sounds great. I have just arranged a deal to buy myself another guitar amp (the same model that I already own)so I can run things in stereo.
Could the fuzzy sound be coming from your speaker setup?
I have found that the Fractal experience has been a massive learning curve, and is still an ongoing thing but one way or another the good folks of the community will have the answers.

This!
The real BE/HBE was my main Amp for years, I love it.
If you want it to be nastier, dirtier in the Axe, change it to Plexi Tonestack, lower the negative feedback and raise the master volume and the BE/HBE will turn into a angry beast.

I've seriously considered buying a BE Deluxe 100 with a Friedman 4x12. I can't get away from the delay w/ stereo sound though and there's no way I'm buying 2 of those heads LOL. Do you feel like the HBE in the Axe nails the actual amp? Just curious

I've seriously considered buying a BE Deluxe 100 with a Friedman 4x12. I can't get away from the delay w/ stereo sound though and there's no way I'm buying 2 of those heads LOL. Do you feel like the HBE in the Axe nails the actual amp? Just curious
It absolutely nails the amp. I had a BE 100 Deluxe with the matching 4x12 Cab and one reason why I sold the amp was that the model in the Axe definitely nails the sound of my Deluxe.
But…to mimic the switches from the Deluxe, you have to use different settings for the negative feedback etc.
The Friedman DynaCab is the icing on cake!

I had tons better luck with dialing in the Dyna Cabs. I believe my high cut was set too high. It was between 8000-10000 depending on the patch. I had much better luck getting rid of that fuzz sound around 5000-6000

Back
Top Bottom