All Gain Tones sound fuzzy/buzzy?

gspencer26

It does not seem to matter which high-gain amp model I try, all of them seem a touch fuzzy. I’m currently running a Friedman HBE V1 patch.

Just to clarify, most of the stock presets sound this way to me, and I’ve tried them through different FRFR speakers.

Is it the IR or do I need to change up the EQ somewhere??

What IR are you using? This is usually the problem when I hear fuzzy gain. (That’s a good band name…..Fuzzy Gain).
I’d have to bust in and look. At my current place, I don’t have any space to make noise (and can’t do so with the baby in the house either..). I’d love to just share one of my main patches and have someone dive in.

I may be able to plug it in and just read the cab block.

The hbe factory presets need no modifications to sound amazing from the rip, one of my favorites completely stock on everything from vintage single coils to very hot humbuckers. Can you post a sound sample? It’ll help myself and others give you a helpful answer.

Yea, the Friedman stuff is neutered to hell, but that’s how they sound in real life as well, too. Apparently everyone is afraid of high end these days.

To the OP, I gotta ask, is this your first time listening to direct guitar tones?

Where is your instrument 1/input 1 A/D sensitivity value? If you go into the I/O preferences on the newest firmware, you'll see meters below the knobs. Do any of them peak at all?

What pickups are you using and how close to the strings are they?

Yea, the Friedman stuff is neutered to hell, but that’s how they sound in real life as well, too. Apparently everyone is afraid of high end these days.

To the OP, I gotta ask, is this your first time listening to direct guitar tones?
Nah. I’ve used digital gear direct most of my life.

Unless you have something wrong with a setting etc, you’re probably just hearing things you never noticed before. The FRFR thing, amp cab mic and then out is very different than a guitar speaker in a cab. Cliff is very committed to making accurate models that behave like actual tube amps. Tube amps, especially when clipped make a lot of noise. It is easier to hear on FRFR, and if you listen closely to other recordings, you’ll hear the same artifacts. Search the forum for ‘ghost notes’ and ‘fizz’ and read up.

really? I hate them lol. I think they are far too dark and smooth
lol yeah don't know what it is, although might be right on with your dark and smooth quality along with a decent delay, if I'm playing to jam tracks I'll just roll through scenes till I find the right model for my mood and let it rip.

Back
Top Bottom