All foot switches unresponsive on AX8

Hi All!

I was doing a regular wedding gig the other night when my AX8 began to lock up and not allow me to navigate presets and scenes normally. This has been somewhat of a regular occurrence in the past but I could usually just do a soft reboot and that would solve the issue until it would occur again sometime later on the same gig. Fortunately, this was only a chronic issue on just a select few gigs.

Something new happened Saturday night though. The foot switches were slowly loosing functionally and becoming glitchy and when I would do a soft reboot, the unit would restart frozen in the same spot! Some switches would still work but would be very erratic and unpredictable. Then after repeating the process several times frantically, every single foot switch became unresponsive by the end of the night.

In the past, I could take my malfunctioning AX8 home after the gig and it would work perfectly again at my studio desk. Now it appears that all of foot switches are not responding at all and navigation on the unit has been relegated to AX8 Edit and the knobs and other buttons on the front panel. Audio signal is still received, processed, and sent perfectly normal but live functionality has been seriously diminished. I'm a professional working musician with several gigs a week and I'm desperate for help. I am also going to be contacting support but any help in the meantime would be MUCH appreciated!!

Not a "sticky" preset thing, is it?

From the manual. Press and hold F1 to enter “Sticky” Preset Mode which remains active until you tap F1 again to exit. Learn about Presets in Section 5

This has tripped me up a couple times. Now I know if nothing responds make sure F1 isn't blinking.

Not a "sticky" preset thing, is it?

From the manual. Press and hold F1 to enter “Sticky” Preset Mode which remains active until you tap F1 again to exit. Learn about Presets in Section 5

This has tripped me up a couple times. Now I know if nothing responds make sure F1 isn't blinking.

Same with F2 (scene select or sticky scene mode).

Oh yeah, no sticky preset/scene going on here. This is the real deal. I can turn the unit on and off again with no solution.

I have the A, B, C etc knobs working which helps! I did notice at my outdoor gig yesterday, even the knobs wouldn't allow for a change until it got cooler. I'm pretty sure the issues I'm experiencing stem from an overheating event. I am fairly cautious with that kind of thing usually but sometimes I'm in circumstances in which it will just happen.

Back
Top Bottom