All Default Presets Clip — Why?

APE

Inspired
For virtually every preset on AXE-FX II, "OUT ! CLIP" light is solid during play. I could understand if it hit it once in a while, but not all the time. I don't have any preamp or active electronics in my guitar, just a normal DiMarzio ToneZone pickup. Why does it do this and how can I fix it?

For virtually every preset on AXE-FX II, "OUT ! CLIP" light is solid during play. I could understand if it hit it once in a while, but not all the time. I don't have any preamp or active electronics in my guitar, just a normal DiMarzio ToneZone pickup. Why does it do this and how can I fix it?
not sure. have you adjusted any global settings? have you changed the Global Graphic EQ?

Go into global settings and turn it back on. ;)
How do I do that? If it requres using the GLOBAL button, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I can't read the text on that tiny screen. On that screen, I can make out the preset and not much else.

How do I do that? If it requres using the GLOBAL button, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I can't read the text on that tiny screen. On that screen, I can make out the preset and not much else.
That's the only way to do it.

It does... Either you'll need to get an extra set of eyes from someone or maybe use a magnifier or something?

There is no other way to set it, as Global settings are not available in Axe Edit.

Alternately, if you took a system backup before updating the firmware, you could restore the system settings.

I was able to squint enough to realize that "power amp modeling" is the first item! So I just turned the knob and it's now "on". I probably fumbled it by accident. Need to practice my button technique, too. So much to guitar playing, right? Anyway, it's fixed! :)

Back
Top Bottom