All Access and FV 500 problem

Trazan

Experienced
Anybody using Boss FV 500 with the AA? Can you get these pedals to register the full range, 0-127?

Just got myself a couple og FV 500's, one H and one L model. The AA's pedal inputs can't be calibrated and both these pedals go no lower than 80...so I have 80-127 from heel to toe. The Axe can be calibrated, but I surely would like more steps than 47 for continuous control. Using a regular TRS cable.

Rocktron MIDI controllers including the All Access are generally reversed polarity on the expression inputs, this means that the tip and ring connections are reversed from what is normally expected. On the Mission pedals we have a polarity switch option that toggles between the two settings. I'm not sure if the Boss pedals have this but if not you could probably achieve the same effect on the FV500 if you are comfortable with some soldering. Either make up a TRS crossover cable where you connect tip to ring or if you feel like opening up the pedal and swapping the tip and ring wires over (and likely invalidating your warranty at the same time so bear that in mind) you'll get the same result. This is a personal suggestion. Mission, does not officially advise users to hack other manufacturers products ;-) James.

Did you turn the knobs on the left of the pedals all the way counter clockwise? That knob sets the minimum value. If its fully CCW, you should get down to zero when you calibrate. If it's all the way clockwise I think you'll get around 80-90 or so.

Did you turn the knobs on the left of the pedals all the way counter clockwise? That knob sets the minimum value. If its fully CCW, you should get down to zero when you calibrate. If it's all the way clockwise I think you'll get around 80-90 or so.

Yep. As soon as I go slightly clockwise all I get is 127 through the whole range...

@Mission. Yeah, I read posts by people having funny behaviour with this setup....but that seemed different from the simple "bad range" that I have. I'll solder a cable to check this anyway!

Thanks for the suggestions 8)

Rocktron MIDI controllers including the All Access are generally reversed polarity on the expression inputs

Indeed! I didn't think that would result in just a narrower range, but it sure did. Reversing polarity fixed it. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom