• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AliExpress floral neck, scalloped from 12th to 24th fret

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
It is curious how certain gear and tone evokes you to play something new and unexpected. The first day I connected this recently built guitar with the P90 neck pickup to the Axe-FX, using a preset with the FAS LEAD 1 amp, I unintentionally started playing this Vai melody, even though I have never played or tried to play it before, and I didn't heard it for ages. Not even when I had the JEM7V this melody came to my mind.

So, now I am starting to learn it.

First time I tried my friend Marty's Ricky 660/12, I played American Girl by Tom Petty pretty much the same way. Never even attempted the song before, but the sound just connected a handful of unrelated neurons and out it came.

Keep us posted in the progress with choosing a middle pickup!

Top Bottom