Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about Aliens. I married Ellen Ripley. On the other hand, the mathematical odds that WE exist is as near to zero as you can get, so it must be true everywhere else.

I just heard back from a t-shirt company about making these. Who's in?

View attachment 84323
iu

The irony of that is almost too nuanced.

Yeah. It's important to first know what solipsism is, or the joke gets missed entirely.

But I've taken that as a kind of life lesson: If you think you've come up with a brilliant new idea that fixes everything, or explains everything ...first check to see whether you're sawing off the branch you're sitting on. Humans really do say/think things like that, often with a great air of confidence or even smugness, unsettlingly frequently. The first rule of thinking clearly about reality is, proverbially, "Allow yourself to see what you see." But I think the second rule should be, "Check yourself before you wreck yourself." ;)

Nice. Needs fractal logo and url :)

I'd want the Fractal Logo on the front, pocket area, with the big picture and the URL on the back. Also, I prefer V-necks; crew necks make me itch, and big vinyl/paint prints on the chest do likewise, whereas the back doesn't bother me for some reason.

I suspect nobody's going to do all that, though, so I'll just admire you guys wearing yours.

So, Joe can be confident that he, at least, exists. He's not sure about the rest of us. ;)
I actually poked the Director in the shoulder when he finally visited our team in-person in the Scottsdale office, and said, "You're real! You're not just a really advanced version of ELIZA hooked to a speech synthesizer!" He laughed, and the team members laughed the laugh of someone who joined the IT world late enough not to know what ELIZA is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom