Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The universe is teeming with life.
Probably true. But space is also VAST. It took our fastest spaceship, New Horizons, 9 years to reach Pluto at the edge of the Kuijper Belt, and the Voyagers, underway since the 70's, still have not left the solar system. I'm not even sure they have reached the Oort Cloud yet. Unless FTL travel and communication is possible, space travel will be slow and so will be the spread of civilizations and its signals.

As for the Fermi paradox, It took hundreds of millions of years for intelligent life to evolve on Earth. It might even have sooner if we didn't get hit by asteroids occasionally. There is so much we don't know about life, if life can form elsewhere, if at all. We're dealing with a statistical sample of one. That is why its so important to find out if life exists on the ice covered ocean moons of Jupiter and Saturn. If it can exist elsewhere, life might be abundant. If we never find life it might be a whole lot more rare then we thought. And help explain why we don't notice any other civilizations. If its so rare that only one civilization on average exists in a galaxy, we might as well be alone.

And because life is rare, if we don't want to die out its pointless to live in harmony with the Earth, because the solar system is full of stuff that doesn't give a shit if we live in harmony with the Earth or not. Its obviously good to take care of our home but we gotta get off this rock and ASAP. Spread across the solar system and send out colonization fleets to other stars. Which ironically will probably mean that members of our own race will become the aliens of tomorrow. So maybe we will get Homo Terra here in the solar system, but Homo (insert name of the star they live around) elsewhere. And Homo Astra traveling and living in the ships in between.

Life spontaneously happened on Earth, so we know life can happen in the universe. Think about how unfathomably big and complex the universe is, and then how unlikely it would be for life to only have happened in one place within it.

By that same token, due to the vastness of the universe, whether any life originating from any given source will ever encounter life that originated from another source is far less likely.

Last edited:
iu
That's the proof! Thanks man, I was looking all over for this. Yours is a better scan any
ways...

Hard to explain this video.

How come all the ufo vids still look like they were taken with my grampa's super 8 cam? (fyi - I'm 60). I could get better footage than that with my old flip phone. Somebody hired somebody to investigate some weird shit happening, and, as my old boss used to say, "well - we gotta give 'em something at least, or we're outta here" - so, this is the "something". I believe there is life out there - I don't believe this is how we will encounter it. The "U" stands for "unidentified" - we tend not to hear much about the subsequent "identifications", probably because they are a real downer (I suspect often embarrassingly so) compared to the initially "imagined identifications" based on blurry bouncing blobs.

Last edited:
How come all the ufo vids still look like they were taken with my grampa's super 8 cam? (fyi - I'm 60). I could get better footage than that with my old flip phone. Somebody hired somebody to investigate some weird shit happening, and, as my old boss used to say, "well - we gotta give 'em something at least, or we're outta here" - so, this is the "something". I believe there is life out there - I don't believe this is how we will encounter it. The "U" stands for "unidentified" - we tend not to hear much about the subsequent "identifications", probably because they are a real downer (I suspect often embarrassingly so) compared to the initially "imagined identifications" based on blurry bouncing blobs.
My work involves these cameras on a daily basis. You are seeing real footie from real sensors on real aircraft. I'm in Unmanned Systems and this is just what it is.

That ATFLIR on that Hornet is good for targeting and navigation. It sucks for airborne tracks. Trackers suck in general, and I never use them on moving targets. I always hand-fly the camera position relative to the moving target or trim the drift on azimuth/elevation because anything and everything will trash the track and it's just not worth it. A bush, a blade of grass, a cloud, whatever. Tracking algos suck ass.

I'll probably get it for this comment, but I don't care: We can look at..., let's say the Axe Fx, or a 747, or a book for that matter, and have no doubt that those items were created. But when it comes to life itself, the complexity of DNA, or the eye, all vastly more complex than anything man has created, and they just "evolved" over billions of years. Gimme an effin break.

Until I see the Aliens on Fox or CNN (depending on your outlook) enjoying NY 5th Avenue shopping like Zira and Cornelius did in Planet of the Apes Part Deux - I'm skeptical of all the vids of blurry bouncy thingys.

I'll probably get it for this comment, but I don't care: We can look at..., let's say the Axe Fx, or a 747, or a book for that matter, and have no doubt that those items were created. But when it comes to life itself, the complexity of DNA, or the eye, all vastly more complex than anything man has created, and they just "evolved" over billions of years. Gimme an effin break.
Totally understand your point of view here, and I’m a subscriber of the many parts of the belief myself, but there’s plenty of proof that the eye has evolved, and has evolved many times over independently of each other.

Life spontaneously happened on Earth, so we know life can happen in the universe. Think about how unfathomably big and complex the universe is, and then how unlikely it would be for life to only have happened in one place within it.
We have lottery winners too. And each probably considers him or herself very lucky. But they still don't realize how lucky they were, because odds of 1 in a million or a billion are just not fathomable to the average human mind.

We are the descendents of lottery winners. We don't realize how lucky we are, because unlike with the lottery we don't see the millions upon millions who did not win. Therefore we don't know how lucky we were, if it was extraordinary lucky. We inhabit a planet in the goldilocks zone of a star that is fairly quiet and which is not bathing us that much in deadly radiation. Right now the star is fairly comfy. And we still have a core that creates a magnetic field that shields us from the suns radiation But our neighbor Mars became a dead world by losing its atmosphere, while our other neighbor was fairly hospitable a billion years ago but is now a living hell. So will the Earth be in 600 million years. In our solar system Jupiter sweeps most of the nasty asteroids out of our sky, but it could just as easily have swept Earth out of the solar system as well. Without Saturn to keep it in check Jupiter would have moved inwards to the sun, in which case Earth would have been ejected from the solar system and be a lifeless ice ball in interstellar space. And without the moon to stabilize us Earth might have been spinning so hard to have had a day lasting only a few hours. And Earth sized planets having a moon as large as the Moon is very rare. Only Pluto has a similar system with Charon. And we haven't even touched how supernova's can destroy solar systems lightyears away from. Or god forbid having a pulsar in your galaxy, in which case the entire galaxy is basically dead. There are zombie galaxies out there.

There are so many factors that go into how life can develop that we take for granted because we are lottery winners, but we don't know the odds nor what happened to the losers. For all we know life only succeeds in developing one in a trillion odds. Which could mean only one inhabited planet per galaxy. That is why we need to find out if life exist on the moons of the outer solar system and if so if it developed independently from Earth or was seeded via asteroids from Earth or some other original source. For all we know life developed on Mars or Venus first and got seeded to Earth.

By that same token, due to the vastness of the universe, whether any life originating from any given source will ever encounter life that originated from another source is far less likely.

The vastness of space is hard to comprehend for most people. The solar system alone is vast beyond comprehension. Even more so if you realize that the Kuijper Belt alone stretches out for even further then the distance from the sun to Neptune and the Oort Cloud could stretch out up to 1,5 lightyears if not more?

Probably true. But space is also VAST. It took our fastest spaceship, New Horizons, 9 years to reach Pluto at the edge of the Kuijper Belt, and the Voyagers, underway since the 70's, still have not left the solar system. I'm not even sure they have reached the Oort Cloud yet. Unless FTL travel and communication is possible, space travel will be slow and so will be the spread of civilizations and its signals.

As for the Fermi paradox, It took hundreds of millions of years for intelligent life to evolve on Earth. It might even have sooner if we didn't get hit by asteroids occasionally. There is so much we don't know about life, if life can form elsewhere, if at all. We're dealing with a statistical sample of one. That is why its so important to find out if life exists on the ice covered ocean moons of Jupiter and Saturn. If it can exist elsewhere, life might be abundant. If we never find life it might be a whole lot more rare then we thought. And help explain why we don't notice any other civilizations. If its so rare that only one civilization on average exists in a galaxy, we might as well be alone.

And because life is rare, if we don't want to die out its pointless to live in harmony with the Earth, because the solar system is full of stuff that doesn't give a shit if we live in harmony with the Earth or not. Its obviously good to take care of our home but we gotta get off this rock and ASAP. Spread across the solar system and send out colonization fleets to other stars. Which ironically will probably mean that members of our own race will become the aliens of tomorrow. So maybe we will get Homo Terra here in the solar system, but Homo (insert name of the star they live around) elsewhere. And Homo Astra traveling and living in the ships in between.
Distance and time are only relevant to those who haven't developed the capability to manipulate it, this is an inevitability if our race continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom