AFIII Alice In Chains Tribute

That tone is Killer!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Jerry would feel right at home using it :).

Just out of curiosity, is the onstage poweramp+cab mic'd up or are we hearing a separate output with cab sim sent to FOH?

Sounds great! I'd be curious as just how you recorded this... because for a live recording it's awesome. I saw you mention it was from the board. I've never had any luck getting good live recordings from the board. Did you do a bunch of post processing after the fact to add reverb, eq etc - or is this just some amazing raw recording?

you guys sound really good. How long have you been doing the tribute band?
Thank you. Technically, we've been doing it since 2016, but we've only played 4 shows. Our singer lives in Pittsburgh and the rest of us live in Florida. He flies down once a year and we do a show or two. The 3 of us rehearse ahead of time, but we only get one rehearsal with him. It's pretty tricky to work out all of those vocal harmonies in one night.

Sounds great! I'd be curious as just how you recorded this... because for a live recording it's awesome. I saw you mention it was from the board. I've never had any luck getting good live recordings from the board. Did you do a bunch of post processing after the fact to add reverb, eq etc - or is this just some amazing raw recording?
The board was a Behringer X32 Rack. I went out USB into my laptop and recorded it with Reaper. I do record each track individually, so I have control over individual levels, eq and fx after the fact. All of the vocal effects you hear were added during mixdown. There were a few times I added some delay and reverb to the guitar during mixdown because it didn't seem enough to me. The trickiest part was getting the cameras to sync. The main camera was Panasonic Camcorder and the others on the side were a old GoPro 3 and a Yi 4k+. The 3 of them drift slightly out of synch every couple of songs. The GoPro was the worst. When editing the video I would have to cut out a couple of frames here and there to try to get it all to line up with the audio from the board.

Back
Top Bottom