ALICE IN CHAINS - Check My Brain - MIXTEST

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Hey guys! Here I am with another mixtest :)
Black Gives Way To Blue by AIC is one of my all time favorite records in terms of mixing/production. Jerry's guitar tone is AMAZING on that album, so huge and thick (..that's what she said:D).
The only thing you hear from the original is the vocal track, I've recorded guitars using the HBE model and a blend of yet-to-be-released cabs..I think I've managed to get pretty damn close to Jerry's tone.
He may have used a Bogner Fish preamp on the record, but as you know he now plays his signature Friedman head, the JJ, which isn't that far from the HBE. I also recorded bass and programmed drums using a blend of Superior Drummer/SSD4 and Getgood Drums.
Hope you like it:cool:

Sounds bang on, was listening to this just the other day, what a track!
Will you spill the beans once the new cabs are in the wild???

Sounds bang on, was listening to this just the other day, what a track!
Will you spill the beans once the new cabs are in the wild???
thanks man! yeah absolutely! the whole pack sounds fantastic, I really hope they decide to release them soon!

I know it’s using unreleased cabs, but share that preset anyway so we can get close (please)....
sure! here it is! preset is just amp-cab-tone match block

Attachments

• JERRY CANTRELL HBE.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 143
Sounds perfect, Black gives way to blue is also one of my absolute faves. I am very curious about that cabpack now. You said your blended some IRs, are they all from the same upcoming pack?

I tone matched the intro and am using it in half of a stereo cab in the AX8. I've found this is a good way to blend a tone match with a cab in the AX8. I have to do the tone match with my computer but it's the same concept as the Axe FX. I picked a cab that sounded decent with Rocco's Friedman settings. So thanks Rocco. It doesn't sound as good as yours but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to tone match with the AX8

Attachments

• CANTRELL AX8.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom