Aliasing in my AX-8

aaahhh, Even an analog tube amp can alias given the right circumstances so I would assume with the accurate models they'd do the same thing if you duplicated the same circumstances.

No it can't. Aliasing is solely something that happens in sampled-data systems (what we call "digital"). A good example of aliasing is the old wagon wheel spinning backwards at the movie theater. This is because a film is actually a sampled-data system. A tube amp is not a sampled-data system.

Our products do not alias. I would recommend trying a different monitor first. If you still have problems contact support. You really need to find a way to record this as support will ask for a recording.

I think you're gonna dig up Cliff out of the woodworks with this one. AFAIK, Cliff is anti aliasing and none of his products exhibit this effect...
Right again , Duke.....BTW, best forum name ever, a song I've been singing since 1967 ( I will refrain from reciting the entire verse...but in that magic go-cart...I bite your neck...)

Another thought. There can be some vibrations which can happen if your monitor is defective or maybe in the room where you're practicing which if bad enough can actually turn into an audible pitch.

Dude just record it with your smart phone already or just post the preset... i suspect its a short delay setting in the delay block...

Problem solved. You'll laugh. I live in east county San Diego in an old house with no A/C and an non insulated roof. It is hotter than Hades in here. If there is a fan on anywhere in the house it makes the weird doubling. When I turned all the fans off....no more problem.

What got me thinking is that it sounded great at this morning playing at church so I knew it had to be something environmental at the house.

Problem solved. You'll laugh. I live in east county San Diego in an old house with no A/C and an non insulated roof. It is hotter than Hades in here. If there is a fan on anywhere in the house it makes the weird doubling. When I turned all the fans off....no more problem.

What got me thinking is that it sounded great at this morning playing at church so I knew it had to be something environmental at the house.
I have a ceiling fan directly over my computer desk. When it's on I get a warbling vibrato effect, took me a bit to track it down the first time I noticed it.

Back
Top Bottom