Alex Lifeson touring with 3 Axe FX II's ???

Why not tell us now? Scott you are constantly teasing :)

Truth? I'm horribly overextended and my time management is a mismanaged mess. I have a to-do list for the forums a mile long... real life keeps getting in my way.

I shot video of the whole thing yesterday, but haven't watched it yet. I will. And share it... as soon as I get a breath. Honest.

Truth? I'm horribly overextended and my time management is a mismanaged mess. I have a to-do list for the forums a mile long... real life keeps getting in my way.

I shot video of the whole thing yesterday, but haven't watched it yet. I will. And share it... as soon as I get a breath. Honest.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got some pics at the DC show, but I was at almost a 90 degree angle from the stage, so they are not great. But I counted three Axe FX II in DC...

DSC00601.jpg

I don't know how you stay on top of the stuff you do and keep your day job!

There's a new interview in Guitar Player with some info: Alex Lifeson: Like Clockwork - Guitar Player Magazine - November 2012 - courtesy of Cygnus-X1.Net

"Alex's live rig has changed quite a bit for this tour. One of the biggest changes is the use of the Marshall 2553 Silver Jubilee and the Mesa/Boogie Mark 5 heads. The Marshall is the dirty/overdriven tone and the Boogie is doing all the clean sounds. We're still using the Hughes & Kettner Coreblade for a few songs as well. The other major changes we have incorporated are the use of the Fractal Audio AxeFX II for all the effects and a Macbook Pro running Apple's Mainstage software with Guitar Rig 5 for additional guitar sounds and some really cool effects from the new record. We're also using the Tone Match feature on yet another Fractal unit for the piezo pickups on Alex's electric guitars. All of Alex's amps are run direct through Palmer PDI-03 Speaker Emulators. There are no speaker cabinets anywhere on stage."

There's a new interview in Guitar Player with some info: Alex Lifeson: Like Clockwork - Guitar Player Magazine - November 2012 - courtesy of Cygnus-X1.Net

"Alex's live rig has changed quite a bit for this tour. One of the biggest changes is the use of the Marshall 2553 Silver Jubilee and the Mesa/Boogie Mark 5 heads. The Marshall is the dirty/overdriven tone and the Boogie is doing all the clean sounds. We're still using the Hughes & Kettner Coreblade for a few songs as well. The other major changes we have incorporated are the use of the Fractal Audio AxeFX II for all the effects and a Macbook Pro running Apple's Mainstage software with Guitar Rig 5 for additional guitar sounds and some really cool effects from the new record. We're also using the Tone Match feature on yet another Fractal unit for the piezo pickups on Alex's electric guitars. All of Alex's amps are run direct through Palmer PDI-03 Speaker Emulators. There are no speaker cabinets anywhere on stage."

...nor any speaker cabinets offstage either. 100% Palmers. Alex wants to work in the Axe-FX II's amp modeling 'next year'; that's what Scott told me. I have it on video... and I'm editing the video. Stay tuned...

Hows it coming!?!

Back
Top Bottom