• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Alex Lifeson Rush 80´s sound on Ax8

Bman

Experienced
Sounds great. I wonder if you’d approach earlier era Working Man, Fly By Night, all of 2112 with the same preset?

When importing a preset with references to User Cab #79, etc. what cabinet IR should I select that's closest to what you are using?
4 holer non MV Marshall’s like JMP or Plexis. The TV basketweaves match well getting the old 70’s Marshall tones IMO. If your looking for factory IRs. Greenbacks.

I’m not in a Rush band like these guys but that’s the gear from that era. The 335 also is part of the equation. You can hear the chime from the chambered/hollow body and PAFs especially on Fly by Night.

Flatnine

Inspired
I'm glad to know. Then if you have links from your band playing I live, I'd like to hear.
Not great audio/video but the only full length vid from 1st gig with Axe III. Also had trouble with the drum sample pad remote false triggering all the way through so I was super distracted hearing chimes for the whole tune so had some slippage while I tried to figure out how to make it stop!

Not great audio/video but the only full length vid from 1st gig with Axe III. Also had trouble with the drum sample pad remote false triggering all the way through so I was super distracted hearing chimes for the whole tune so had some slippage while I tried to figure out how to make it stop!

Great !!! yeahhhh!!!

Syrinx

Inspired

Awesome video.

Any chance you have a patch or two you could share that shows what you use for Signals/Permanent Waves/Power Windows tunes?

Flatnine

Inspired
Awesome video.

Any chance you have a patch or two you could share that shows what you use for Signals/Permanent Waves/Power Windows tunes?
I have been asked to share before but I don't know how to do that. Perhaps it's time to figure it. Also, I realized I posted this on AX8 board but this video is AXE III. Here is one I did when I used AX8 but I was using it for FX only with Mesa TC-50. I've since moved to III exclusively.

Syrinx

Inspired
I believe with Axe Edit 3 you can go into the Tools -> Preset Manager. Then right click on the preset and export it to a file. Then just attach it to a forum post.

Top Bottom