Alex Lifeson Rush 80´s sound on Ax8

Sounds great. I wonder if you’d approach earlier era Working Man, Fly By Night, all of 2112 with the same preset?

When importing a preset with references to User Cab #79, etc. what cabinet IR should I select that's closest to what you are using?

4 holer non MV Marshall’s like JMP or Plexis. The TV basketweaves match well getting the old 70’s Marshall tones IMO. If your looking for factory IRs. Greenbacks.

I’m not in a Rush band like these guys but that’s the gear from that era. The 335 also is part of the equation. You can hear the chime from the chambered/hollow body and PAFs especially on Fly by Night.

I'm glad to know. Then if you have links from your band playing I live, I'd like to hear.

Not great audio/video but the only full length vid from 1st gig with Axe III. Also had trouble with the drum sample pad remote false triggering all the way through so I was super distracted hearing chimes for the whole tune so had some slippage while I tried to figure out how to make it stop!

Not great audio/video but the only full length vid from 1st gig with Axe III. Also had trouble with the drum sample pad remote false triggering all the way through so I was super distracted hearing chimes for the whole tune so had some slippage while I tried to figure out how to make it stop!

Great !!! yeahhhh!!!

Awesome video.

Any chance you have a patch or two you could share that shows what you use for Signals/Permanent Waves/Power Windows tunes?

Awesome video.

Any chance you have a patch or two you could share that shows what you use for Signals/Permanent Waves/Power Windows tunes?

I have been asked to share before but I don't know how to do that. Perhaps it's time to figure it. Also, I realized I posted this on AX8 board but this video is AXE III. Here is one I did when I used AX8 but I was using it for FX only with Mesa TC-50. I've since moved to III exclusively.

I believe with Axe Edit 3 you can go into the Tools -> Preset Manager. Then right click on the preset and export it to a file. Then just attach it to a forum post.

Back
Top Bottom