Album Release - Fractal tones only.

SJB

Inspired
Hi all -
If you like 80's rock, this might be for you. I played in a band ("Spanky", now "aka Spanky" because there are so so many Spankys in the world) between 1978 and 1984 in southern Wisconsin. Recently the band got back together, and recorded a selection of the songs we wrote and played in bars during that time. We released the collection on bandcamp.com a few days ago. You can stream it for free here -

https://akaspanky.bandcamp.com/releases

Potentially of interest to this group: all of the 6-string guitar tones were recorded in a home studio using my Axe FX II, with the latest Ares firmware version. Amp models that were used include Citrus RV50, ODS-100 HRM, Hipower Brilliant, Cornfed M50, Jr Blues and a smattering of others. If you listen, and hear something you like, shoot me the song title and time stamp, and I will send you the preset.

After 40 years of playing big tube amps, I remain stunned and thrilled by the diversity and quality of what comes so easily out of Fractal products.
Thank you Cliff and Fractal Audio! My wallet thanks you... and my back thanks you.
Cheers to all!
SJB

Pretty good songs.
Not sounding exactly like these bands, it's a USA sound versus a UK sound, but I'm getting the same feeling as Necromandus and Flash.

Marrafat: Thanks for turning me on to Necromandus and Flash - Had not heard either of them before, and I def get what you are saying. Thanks!

M@: Many thanks! We had a lot of fun playing these, and I like the way the leads came out too. :)

Appreciate the comments, and the time you took to listen!
SJB

I've just realised after a search that there may be some confusion.
Both those bands I mentioned were the 1970's versions.
If you search for "Flash lifetime" that's one great song.

Back
Top Bottom