AlbertA IR Converter

Re: AlbertAxe Utility's

I added a warning about the renamer since it'll violate the warranty. That needs to be explicit, especially since we're on the FAS site now.

scarr said:
I added a warning about the renamer since it'll violate the warranty. That needs to be explicit, especially since we're on the FAS site now.

It is also clearly laid out when you install it.

Ready to provide the new 1024 sysex IRs??
Perhaps too early ;)
Albert????

bmi said:
Ready to provide the new 1024 sysex IRs??
Perhaps too early ;)
Albert????

I don't know any details.

Will they be compressed? Will they be the same sysex header just with more data? Will there be a byte in the header saying if it's 512 or 1024?

I'll update the utility to break into 1024 chunks (2048 Irs anyone? :lol: ) after the firmware update.

I know... it's just to move the Albert.
As soon as the firmware and your tool will be released there will be a lot of new 1024 IRs on Axechange. ;)

Here's a preliminary version to convert IR's in wav format to 6.0 format version. It will complain about sysex files done for previous firmware.

Remember to put the cab block in the correct user slot that you want to use and then send the IR. If you currently have it in a factory cab and you send an IR, I believe it goes by default to User 1.

http://guitarlogic.org/axefx_ir/Axe-FxI ... v6beta.jar

AlbertA said:
Here's a preliminary version to convert IR's in wav format to 6.0 format version. It will complain about sysex files done for previous firmware.

Remember to put the cab block in the correct user slot that you want to use and then send the IR. If you currently have it in a factory cab and you send an IR, I believe it goes by default to User 1.

Thanks!!!!! It worked great.

AlbertA said:

So how would you say the Rectangular truncation works with the new IR's?

Clawfinger said:
AlbertA said:

So how would you say the Rectangular truncation works with the new IR's?

Actually use Rectangular window now. Cliff just told me he windows the IR's in the axe-fx.

I'm updating the utility to remove the window options...

AlbertA said:

It works but I'm not getting good results.
Everything comes out "boxey"..... maybe I'm doing something wrong (never used this utility before)

:oops:

New version up, I removed the windowing options as the Axe-Fx does its own windowing now.

Also you can open up old IR sysex files and it will convert them to the new format for you.

I also added a batch processing support as well for both wav and sysx files - to use just choose a file in the directory you want to process, it will do all the wav and IR sysex files it can find.

http://guitarlogic.org/axefx_ir/Axe-FxI ... _1.2.0.jar

AlbertA said:
New version up, I removed the windowing options as the Axe-Fx does its own windowing now.

Also you can open up old IR sysex files and it will convert them to the new format for you.

I also added a batch processing support as well for both wav and sysx files - to use just choose a file in the directory you want to process, it will do all the wav and IR sysex files it can find.

I will regret the old version for the windowing option...it gives interesting different sounds for the cab.

bmi said:
I will regret the old version for the windowing option...it gives interesting different sounds for the cab.
This is a significant issue for a 512-point speaker IR, much less so for a clean (i.e., no room reflections) 1024-point version of the same thing. The natural decay of a loudspeaker's IR is substantially complete before the 21.33ms period of a 1024-point IR, rendering the audible effect of the data window function relatively minor.

AlbertA said:

Much better, thank you.
But... what hapened to the ability to add user ID locations to the IR?
(not important but very handy)

:?:

The location in the sysex file doesn't matter anymore, it's not used by the AxeFx. Instead now you manually select the user cab slot in the axe and then send it over.

Jay Mitchell said:
bmi said:
This is a significant issue for a 512-point speaker IR, much less so for a clean (i.e., no room reflections) 1024-point version of the same thing. The natural decay of a loudspeaker's IR is substantially complete before the 21.33ms period of a 1024-point IR, rendering the audible effect of the data window function relatively minor.
IMO it depends on the pulse that you use to record your IRs.
A trivial method is to use a sweep for speakers.
So tell me when happens the natural decay of the speaker when the sweep is 22ms length?

http://guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1745

bmi said:
IMO it depends on the pulse that you use to record your IRs.
No, it does not. Your opinion is woefully mistaken. Any technique that produces a valid impulse response will work, and the impulse response will be the same regardless of the method used to acquire it.

A trivial method is to use a sweep for speakers.
"Trivial" in what way? A log sweep excitation with proper deconvolution offers major advantages over using an impulse as the excitation:
1. Much higher signal/noise. Because the swept signal is spread in the time domain, the total energy applied to the speaker is much greater than it is possible to apply in the form of an impulse.
2. Much lower nonlinear content (distortion). The crest factor of the log sweep is 3dB, whereas the crest factor of an impulse excitation exceeds 20dB. Applied at a level that is sufficient for signal/noise purposes, an impulse will drive the speaker well into its nonlinear region.
3. Removal of distortion products. A deconvolved log sweep will mirror all harmonic distortion products to negative time (i.e., before t = 0), leaving only the linear portion at t > 0.

BTW, if you understood the requisite math, you would know that the duration of the sweep is always much greater than the length of the IR.

So tell me when happens the natural decay of the speaker when the sweep is 22ms length?
The sweep I use is 12 seconds in length. With the appropriate deconvolution algorithm, it yields a much more accurate IR than can be acquired with an impulsive excitation. The decay of a speaker's impulse response has nothing to do with the type - or duration - of the signal used to acquire that impulse response. Once again, you're attempting to use your ignorance of the subject to make a spurious argument. You would be much better served by some serious study. I can recommend some mathematics texts, if you decide you want to learn something rather than argue.

Sorry Albert, probably a dumb question but, when I dl the new version, the file is a .zip and not a .jar so I can open the archive, but not install the software.
It's me or....
I have the latest version of java installed and the previous versions run correctly

Thanks
Angelo

Back
Top Bottom