AlbertA IR Converter

Re: AlbertAxe Utility's

Satangelo said:
Sorry Albert, probably a dumb question but, when I dl the new version, the file is a .zip and not a .jar so I can open the archive, but not install the software.
It's me or....
I have the latest version of java installed and the previous versions run correctly

Thanks
Angelo
It's a jar. Somehow your file associations got screwed up. Download the file to a loacation, right click on it, go to propeties, click on change, select JAVA SE Platform Binary to open with. If it is not already selected, select "Always use this selected program to open this type of file". I'm assuming your on XP.

I had this as well, it seems to download as a zip files (i'm using vista) I have to change the file extension to jar and it installs fine.....

Spence

Satangelo said:
Sorry i forgot to say that I'm also on vista, is this different?

not much, if I remember correctly. I used it for a couple of months, then they forced us to remove them off any machines at work, so I'm a bit rusty on the exact menu structures. It is relatively the same.

no success, it opens a dos window for a while then closes it and nothing happens anymore.
I have editor files, same ,jar extension that work flawlessy.
This one refuses the .jar extension and omly opens as a .zip archive,..... dunno

Satangelo said:
no success, it opens a dos window for a while then closes it and nothing happens anymore.
I have editor files, same ,jar extension that work flawlessy.
This one refuses the .jar extension and omly opens as a .zip archive,..... dunno

reinstall java.

goto java.com and reinstall it.

Thanks for your suggestions, already done and it is workin with the Lars editor but not with this file.
Could you send me this file by mail?
At this moment I see it as a .zip file, no matter what I try

satangelo25@yahoo.it

When you look at the file in windows can you see the .zip after the file name? If not then you should switch on the "show file extensions of know files" or something in windows. You should then be able to rename it properly to .jar.

I am just uploading a copy to my website to see if the same thing happens. It doesn't happen with the editor or any other Java files......

I send you the link one I have tested.

Spence

I have a question about the converter....

I tried to load up an IR, but got an error saying (Only 48Khz sample rate supported!)

Is there any way that i can still convert this IR or is it nonconvertible?

D20 said:

I tried to load up an IR, but got an error saying (Only 48Khz sample rate supported!)

You can convert the sample rate. Most PC-based recording apps have this capability.

Jay Mitchell said:
D20 said:

You can convert the sample rate. Most PC-based recording apps have this capability.

Awesome! I didn't even think about this!!! Worked perfectly!!! Thanks!!!! :D

Satangelo said:

Same problem here.

I use Windows 7.

I managed to get a screen capture while the window was closing: (not very good pic but couldn't get anything better)

AlbertaErrorMessage.jpg

I have no idea what this means.

I reinstalled the latest version of Java, but to no avail.

Having used AlbertA's utility (many thanks), he talks about the idea of splitting the IR into two pieces (1008 samples) to create an IR with better defined low frequency response.

Can someone please give a link to where this information has been discussed previously on the forum.

Many thanks,
Steve

stevejon38 said:
Having used AlbertA's utility (many thanks), he talks about the idea of splitting the IR into two pieces (1008 samples) to create an IR with better defined low frequency response.

Can someone please give a link to where this information has been discussed previously on the forum.

Many thanks,
Steve

it doesn't work as it doesn't compensate for the windowing done in the axefx.

Help

I'm running the utility on a mac. When I try to save, there is no file name option in the window, and the "save" button does not work. And I get "bad checksum" trying to upload it to the axefx. BTW, I'm using a WAV file I mixed in a DAW from redwire IRs per the tutorial.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. When saving, you have to select file type=all, then select the WAV file you loaded, then hit save. A little convoluted, but it works great!

Re: Help

funkle said:
I'm running the utility on a mac. When I try to save, there is no file name option in the window, and the "save" button does not work. And I get "bad checksum" trying to upload it to the axefx. BTW, I'm using a WAV file I mixed in a DAW from redwire IRs per the tutorial.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. When saving, you have to select file type=all, then select the WAV file you loaded, then hit save. A little convoluted, but it works great!

Someday I'll do it properly :lol: I just need another couple of free hours in the weekend :mrgreen:

Just wanted to say that i couldnt get alberts utility to install in windows 7 professional. It gives me this error when i go to install it into a directory "this directory cannot be written. Please choose another directory". But when i put a different directory it still gives this error.

Back
Top Bottom