Alas Album Art

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
I know in this day of digital downloads, album art is a dying thing, and I think that is unfortunate. I am unashamedly old school. As our next album is finally reaching the end of mixdown, things like artwork, etc are either close to done or done. This is the cover art for our new album. This amazing work is by the great Ken Westphal. Ken has done work for Petra, Kerry Livgrin, Steve Morse, and a veritable plethora of people better than me. This artwork is just the front cover. The art goes all the way around the CD and there is more cool stuff on the back. Kudos to Ken for being a great guy to work with and a very talented artist. Hope you like this. I sure do. We are a prog band so the artwork sets the tone for the album. Although you can't really tell from the cover, I did not use a single amp working on this album. All 100% genuine Fractal.

Great cover art.

Did you use the digital audio out on the AxeFX to record or did you run the outputs to an audio interface?

Great cover art.

Did you use the digital audio out on the AxeFX to record or did you run the outputs to an audio interface?

I used the XLR outs (output 1) Ben. All tracks were recorded in stereo direct to the mixing console of the digital recorder. A few guitar tracks were double tracked (yikes!). If you click on the link to the powerofprog page you can listen to preview sampler 1 and 2. While not fully mixed, it still gives a good indication of what the fractal sounds like in the context of the songs. I am very happy with how my guitars sound on the songs. Best of all, once I dialed in my tone, I saved the presets so when we perform the songs live, it sounds just like the recording. Man, I love the little black box. More than ever I am convinced that the Fractal is the best piece of gear I ever purchased.

Thanks for the comments on Ken's cover art Ben, and same to the others who replied. Glad you enjoyed Ken's work. His work is a great addition to what we hope lovers of prog will find to be a great album. I am obviously very anxious to get it finished and released.

Last edited:
That looks really beautyfull.
So many Images in one.

Thanks Ole. I mentioned that to Ken, as I see the same thing. I have no artistic (drawing) talent at all. I cannot even do a compelling stick figure. I really admire people who can visualize and then create something like that.

Back
Top Bottom