AITR

I’ve found every cab does not work over a wide variety of models and using the same IR all over the place lends to an every model sounding the same thing going on. No I still don’t need 500+ slots but more than 2 is helpful.
The point isn't that 2 is enough. The point is that 2048 are too many.
I use other cabs too but I don't have a bunch of tones. I have clean and dirty for my gigs w or w/o effects.
I am also not trying to recreate anyone else's tone.
Clean and dirty.. Live the Prince tune is the same 2 amps and effects as the Thin Lizzy tune.

Anyone knows of a PC Automation Software that can automate the task to move the IRs to the CAB Scratchpads?

I have started experimenting with RoboTask Lite Free Version.
I can open Axe-Edit, but I get an error when I try to move to the CAB block to click the mouse button
When I record the task it identifies it as Caption = "Axe-Edit III", Window Class = "JUCE_17c4faa51ed" but it fails when running
2021-10-05 16_01_11-Axe-Edit III.png

I know that loading these IRs is a simple task to do manually. This is just for education and entertainment.

Anyone knows of a PC Automation Software that can automate the task to move the IRs to the CAB Scratchpads?

I can open Axe-Edit, but I get an error when I try to move to the CAB block to click the mouse button
When I record the task it identifies it as Caption = "Axe-Edit III", Window Class = "JUCE_17c4faa51ed" but it fails when running
View attachment 89654

I know that loading these IRs is a simple task to do manually. This is just for education and entertainment.

Power Automate Desktop comes with Windows 11. I'll try to automate this process at the weekend.

One more thing,

As far as I saw, drag&drop is a little problematic with automation, since the two windows may overlap (Explorer window where the IR containing directory is open, and Axe Edit).

A little feature would be such great for automations like this. @FractalAudio, is it possible, and more importantly costless, to enable the import cab function of the right click menu?

If I can succeed with the automation, I'll share it for Windows 11 & MK1 users.

1633428076382.png

Last edited:

View attachment 89654

Autohotkey could do this quite easily, though it's not a simple thing to jump into if you don't have prior AHK experience.

What'd be super cool is if there was an actual public API to call, instead of these UI automation hacks. In some alternate universe, Axe-Edit would call that same API to do what it does.

Back
Top Bottom