AITR

this new feature dont make the other irs obsolete, they are just wide and longer sounding (something you want or not)

dont know if the 64 cabs are included in the update , 64 new irs so ?

If I put a big muff and 4 ultra irs at the same time , will you hear me overseas ?
Good question . Can we choose 4 of this irs at the same time ?

édit : ha , 2 blocks

The reveal:

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 17 introduces FullRes™ Impulse Response processing. FullRes processes IRs up to 64K points with zero latency using a novel technique. This provides up to 1.33 seconds of response time. Seasoned producers and engineers often mix in “Room Mics” during recording to increase the depth and liveliness of recordings. However, the typical live room has a reverb time of 500-700 milliseconds, well beyond the 20 ms afforded by typical IR processing. FullRes allows capturing the full response of a typical live room and even the response of small-to-medium halls and clubs. FullRes can also be used for convolution reverb applications for reverb times less than 1.33 seconds.

The IR Player block and the Cabinet block both support FullRes IRs. The last two slots of the Cabinet block support FullRes. This is sufficient to provide two room mics, a left and a right, along with two direct mics within a single Cabinet block.

The new FullRes User IR bank supports up to 64 FullRes IRs. When capturing an IR selecting the USER FR bank will automatically set the IR Type to FullRes. Likewise, when setting the IR Type to FullRes the bank will automatically be set to USER FR. FullRes IRs can be processed with minimum-phase or auto-trim, if desired. However, minimum-phase is not recommended as this will tend to destroy the reflection information.

A FullRes Scratchpad is also implemented for auditioning IRs during the capture process. A new version of Cab-Lab is forthcoming which will support FullRes IR captures and management.
Awesome feature, but what about FM3? Will it be able to handle this? Where to find IR's with such length?

Yep we don’t know if they are included but … I don’t think they will release this new option without any cabs included in the firmware 😅 or …

Back
Top Bottom