• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AITR

jrayjr

Inspired
Why are you cutting them at 512? That's going to drop a bunch of the bass response out of the IR. Which is going to only make things sound thinner, colder.
totally depends on the ir imho, if too many or weired reflections it makes for a "mushier" sound especialy in the low register, so i also trim to 512 for some Irs

TSJMajesty

Fractal Fanatic
I'm a little confused. "Cutting" usually is to mean frequencies, like Low Pass. Aren't IR's referred to as "length?"
When Mud first talked about cutting at 512, I though he meant the frequency, but now it seems he's really talking about the IR length...?
A little clarification please?

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
I'm a little confused. "Cutting" usually is to mean frequencies, like Low Pass. Aren't IR's referred to as "length?"
When Mud first talked about cutting at 512, I though he meant the frequency, but now it seems he's really talking about the IR length...?
A little clarification please?
Yes length

My name is mud

Power User
yes it was about ir length .
First when I tried I said « meh » that’s not good . And then I try with different irs.
randomly I found a combination of irs that make the sound tighter in 512 and I worked around it .
maybe I can have the same sound with full length Ir and eq as the eq does a lot but … it was cool to change 😅
Since I use 512 I m not sad about my sound the day after a long tweak session

Top Bottom