• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AITR

randyvanmartini

Power User
Cliff,
If we get rid of the 2nd user bank in favor of the full res IRs, and then the usefulness of them subsides like sometimes happens with new stuff….can we go back? Just curious….thanks.

Scented Meat

Power User
That would be a nightmare. It would break the factory presets and many of the user's presets.

The only possibility would be to change the User 2 bank to a User FR bank. So you would give up 1024 User IR slots in exchange for 32 FullRes user slots.
So let it be written....

Ben Randolph

Power User
Hey Cliff, regarding my earlier post about me thinking FullRes will come to MkI.....don't hit me if you think I'm speaking for ya! I just know that Fractal likes to make its customers happy :)

qjawz

Inspired
This sounds awesome! If you can accommodate a mark I user I’ll gladly take it for my studio use.

deathbyguitar

Power User
Hey Cliff, regarding my earlier post about me thinking FullRes will come to MkI.....don't hit me if you think I'm speaking for ya! I just know that Fractal likes to make its customers happy :)

There's no pleasing everyone, though. No matter which way this goes, a chunk of the user base are gonna whine like crazy about the outcome. I just hope with whatever happens, we can all be adults about it.

yoitsmegabe

Inspired
Bummer that is an mkII feature but we knew something was going to be exclusive to it. I wouldn't upgrade my mkI just for that but then again I play through a poweramp and cab setup. I was just excited for headphone use.

It has plenty of memory for firmware updates. It has limited NV memory for user data storage because at the time it was designed the FLASH chips used were the largest capacity available.

The Mark II has larger capacity FLASH chips because they're available now.

Frankly the whining over this is very off-putting. We do the best we can with the technology available. To expect a product that was designed five years ago to be as capable as a newer model is ridiculous given the pace of technology advancement. A computer built five years ago would've been considered state of the art if it had a 1TB hard drive. Now those are considered midrange.
No good deed goes unpunished. Keep innovating.

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

-Version 17 add a new Block “pickups selector”
100 models, officially licenced by 5 world famous brands (emg, di marzio, Seymour Duncan, bare knuckle, fishman) . Change your guitar pickup in one click !

Doesn't have Dawgtown 5/2 pickups? I'll stay on 16.05, then, I guess....

Daveis

Inspired
Anyone have a good collection of Lexicon, Bricasti, Yamaha reverb impulse responses and currently using those in your DAW or other processor in conjunction with Axe3?

Top Bottom