Airstep

Super flexible. That's pretty amazing.

Might be over my head. LOL

Still trying to decide if it's something I really need and will use regularly.

AirTurn is just fine for turning pages in Music Stand. But, seems like I could control a lot in Ableton with AirStep, and still do page turns.

View attachment 72636

Seems it has. Not sure if the "FS" means the relay fs pedal.

Super flexible. That's pretty amazing.

Might be over my head. LOL

Still trying to decide if it's something I really need and will use regularly.

AirTurn is just fine for turning pages in Music Stand. But, seems like I could control a lot in Ableton with AirStep, and still do page turns.
Cool!

I bought the Airstep and have some problems with it. I can connect my iPhone with it. And I have the Bluetooth Midi Connect App installed, but my iMac does not receive any bluetooth commands from the airstep (for example Logic does not react). Airstep does not appear in the Bluetooth Midi Connect App under Devices. My unit came without any cables and I am also confused which USB Cable I need to connect it via USB to my iMac.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. Did a gig with it tonight and I really liked how easy it was to tweak using my phone in between sets.

Have you tried using it with the Axe FXIII and FC-12 (or FC-6) to get 5 more switches?

I think you need to connect your Airstep to your iMac first then connect the Bluetooth MIDI. My Airstep works fine on mac. View attachment 74245
Thank you for your advice. I am using for example a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. But the Airstep is not showing up under bluetooth devices on my iMac. It' absurd the only thing that worked was using a MIDI Connection I was able to trigger MIDI Notes with Airstep on a Virtual Instrument in Logic...

Thank you - so Airstep can only be connected with my iPhone or my iMac, but not with both at the same time, right? Now Airstep appears under my Bluetooth devices on my iMac, but there is a bluetooth keyboard installation assistent asking questions about certain keys on my keyboard which in this case is the Airstep. I somehow ignored the Assistent, but neither Logic or Guitar Pro are getting messages from the Airstep. Yes, I disconnected Airstep connected it with my iPhone selected for example the Guitar Pro Preset. Disconnected Bluetooth on my iPhone than connected Airstep with my iMac, but it still doesn't work. In the meantime I got myself an USB C to A Cable to connect my iMac direct with the Airstep, but also with this connection I can not make to work anything on Logic or Guitar Pro.

Thank you very much for your patience with me. I got it working. I wasn't paying attention to the local presets. If your local preset is "midi notes" you will never be able to control Logic. Now I have Preset 1 Computer Keyboard, 2 Logic, 3 Guitar Pro, 4 Midi Note, 5 Music Practice and it works.
Muchas gracias amigo!

Have you tried using it with the Axe FXIII and FC-12 (or FC-6) to get 5 more switches?

Yeah I did a gig with the Airstep and the FM3 recently and it worked a treat. I have a few shows this week where i'm going to try the combo and go wireless midi!

I got my Airstep a couple of weeks ago. So far I have used it to control OnSong on my iPad via Bluetooth and To add several switches to my FM3 with a wired midi connection. Very cool piece of gear.

I cannot resist....LOL
This seems like a great add on for FM3...for like FX quick access. Anyone using this right now ? @2112 , how did your show go with this ?
Can you share how you ultimately configured his for live use ? Anyone see better than $279.00 USD ?
thanks !

I cannot resist....LOL
This seems like a great add on for FM3...for like FX quick access. Anyone using this right now ? @2112 , how did your show go with this ?
Can you share how you ultimately configured his for live use ? Anyone see better than $279.00 USD ?
thanks !

As I said above, I am using the Airstep with the FM3. I have button A configured to Scene 4 (short press) and Preset Decrement (long press); Button B to Scene 5 and Preset Increment; Button C to Scene 6, Button D to start chart scrolling in OnSong on my iPad, and Button E for Tuner On (Long Press) and Tuner Off (short press). There is a lot more that it is capable of for sure.

Thanks Knaggster...are you hanging any EXP pedals of it at the moment , ? Did you buy it direct ? Where do we get these ?

Thanks Knaggster...are you hanging any EXP pedals of it at the moment , ? Did you buy it direct ? Where do we get these ?

I'm not using an EP with it (although you can). I bought mine direct from the Xsonic Audio web site. I'm toying with picking up the Lite version also.

Back
Top Bottom