Ahhh...... I just missed UPS delivery of my MFC-101!!!!!

AminorZmajor

Experienced
I can't believe my luck with UPS sometimes..... Oh well, I guess I will see if tomorrow if the planets perfectly align and I don't leave the house for the exact 10 minutes that they show up within their 3 hour delivery window.... :roll

They will call back in an hour advising if the driver can make another attempt. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.... I need a "win" today.

Great news man!! Sometimes in the UK the delivery men sneak up to the door and post the missed delivery note through without even ringing the doorbell. My mate caught one guy doing it and ran out of the house to find out what the was going on and the delivery driver said that he didn't even have the parcel on the van! Unbelievable, glad you got yours though.

Spence

I've had them leave the note without even trying to deliver. USPS too. I was waiting for a new toy the other day, knew it was out for delivery, and heard the truck pull up outside my apartment. I threw on my shoes and grabbed my keys, ready to run down the second I heard the door buzzer. A second passed. Then another 100. Then I heard the mail truck door slide shut and it driving away.

I ran downstairs and found the "sorry, we tried to deliver and you weren't home" note stuck to the door. He never even attempted ringing the buzzer.

I REALLY wanted my new toy so I ran upstairs, grabbed my wallet and jacket, and ran out to my car. I drove through the development, and didn't see him. So I drove down the road and found him delivering mail in the next neighborhood.

The part that irked me was when I called him on his behavior and asked why he didn't ring the bell (politely), he ignored me. Like a little kid. When I pushed a little further, he said "it didn't fit in the box, so we leave a note..."

He then started pawing through a stack of letters looking for my "package" he had tried to deliver. Of course I asked, since he'd tried to put it in the box and it didn't fit, why he didn't remember it being a large bright orange package, and not a letter.

He again lied and said it wouldn't fit in the box for packages, went to the back of the truck and found it. I asked him his name, and then explained I was headed home to stick it in my box. If it didn't fit, have a nice day. If it did, I'd take pictures and be sharing them with his dispatch supervisor.

To shorten the story, it did fit, I did call, and his supervisor and I had a great conversation. Oddly he seemed to know the driver by name the second I brought up the issue, before being given the name or my address. So I was assured he violated policy (they are REQUIRED to attempt the delivery, which includes ringing the bell), and that he'd be written up for it. I also assume, by the driver's notoriety, that he'd been in this sort of trouble before. So how meaningful that writeup is could be anyone's guess.

Long story short - maybe you didn't even miss the driver. Sometimes they just walk up, leave the note, and never even attempt the delivery. Every UPS guy I've known hates residential deliveries. Especially when they've got a mostly commercial route.

Lol the day my II was delivered, I saw the truck down the street while I was grabbing a pack of cigarettes. Needless to say, I awaited by the door for an hour to make sure I didn't miss it haha.

Damn.. I have to keep an eye on FedEX and UPS tracking pages. They just dump high ticket items right on my front porch. I have broken the speed limit many a day racing home after delivery.

-Nate

That happened to me when my Axe arrived. I missed the UPS guy by a couple of minutes. Luckily I'm at the beginning of a long residential area road with only one entrance/exit. When I saw him coming back up the road, I laid down in the middle of the street.

"Axe FX or Death!!!!!"

In truth, I get deliveries all the time so he knows who I am, so my life was never actually in danger. Although I would never do that in front of the USPS dude as he's on the phone texting all the time.

That happened to me when my Axe arrived. I missed the UPS guy by a couple of minutes. Luckily I'm at the beginning of a long residential area road with only one entrance/exit. When I saw him coming back up the road, I laid down in the middle of the street.

"Axe FX or Death!!!!!"

In truth, I get deliveries all the time so he knows who I am, so my life was never actually in danger. Although I would never do that in front of the USPS dude as he's on the phone texting all the time.

You obviously don't care about your axe enough. ;)

I have cameras setup for these kinds of deliveries :) And they are monitored in a paranoid fashion on my phone :)

Well, I fired it up and all is working as designed. The LED's are bright and it is great to have foot control. I am looking at the manual to determine my firmware level. Not sure if it is in need of a firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom