Ah Leah

Idlewild

Never really used this much distortion. New to FM3 and wanting to cover "Ah Leah" with the band; where to start. Marshall 800? Searched but nothing turned up. Have tried building my own presets but everything comes out sounding like me playing my Super Reverb or Two Rock, lol, go figure. Wanting to try some heavier stuff though. Thanks in Advance.

Did anyone ever help you with this? What guitar are you using? I can configure something for you tomorrow morning...
No, I was afraid I might have worded it wrong or perhaps there was no love for Donny Iris...lol. I do a cover band and use Tele, Strat and Les Paul. Love the sound of the guitar in this tune but haven't been able to recreate it. Thanks for asking.

Fun story - my dad was an auto mechanic when I was a kid and used to work on Donnie’s cars. My Dad told him how much we all loved his music and he pulled a copy of his live album out of the glove compartment, signed it and gave it to him to give us.

he actually recorded this song at a studio a friend of mine now owns. The guy that engineered his albums is still around, if i run into him I’ll ask why they were using and post the results. Haven’t seen him in a bit and I’m sure he’s probably laying low thanks to covid...

Thanks so much. Downloaded it and will get to try it later this evening. I appreciate you taking your time to work this up for me. I'm new to digital modeling and haven't really played with tis kind of distortion before but the sound of the guitar onThe tune really intrigued me. Will let you know how it translates to me and my rig.

I love this song. Thanks for taking the time to post that preset.

There are actually some stock rectifier presets available that might come in handy for Ah! Leah (after a little tweaking):

MattDayRecto
BacktoZeroRecto
Recti1
Recti2

My favorites are MattDayRecto and BacktoZero above.

You owe it to yourself to download Leon Todd's package of presets he keeps updated, if you haven't already. He has a LTRecto preset that's great as well.

Back
Top Bottom