Aguilar Anyone?

smcrosby

Power User
Just wondering how many folks would be interested in having an Aguilar bass amp modeled for the AXE (if FAS was so inclined) for, e.g., playing slap bass and chorded stuff. :encouragement:

Aguilar Tonehammer 500 amp with Aguilar SL112, Bergantino CN112 and Form Factor 1B12L lightweight NEO cabs demo captured with an AKG414EB mic:

Aguilar, Bergantino, & Form Factor Lightweight cabinet demo by Bass Club Chicago - YouTube

Also here is an Aguilar v. SWR comparison demo:

Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 vs SWR Headlite: Class-D Amp Comparison by Bass Club Chicago - YouTube

Last edited:
Love the Aguilar stuff!

I've used their DB900 tube DI for years and years! I've always admired but never owned one of their proper bass rigs.

Love the Aguilar stuff!

I've used their DB900 tube DI for years and years! I've always admired but never owned one of their proper bass rigs.

I've only once played through one their proper full size rigs - a used head and cab at CG in NJ - and was floored but I never check on model names/numbers, etc., so I am flying blind here.

All I know is I have lusted, e.g., for Aguilar, Hartke and Mark bass amps for what feels decades every time I caught a jazz rock fusion show in the clubs of NYC.

And if any of you folks find any good You Tube demo vids of proper Aguilar, Hartke and Mark bass models to post please do so :encouragement:

Then maybe we can expand the thread to include even more hi-end manufacturers (besides Aguilar, Hartke and Mark bass). :)

In short, I think posting good quality demos of such hi-end amps will help FAS and the community in its selection of bass amps to model in the long term future.

In short, I think posting good quality demos of such hi-end amps will help FAS and the community in its selection of bass amps to model in the long term future.

FAS are so connected to the industry and professional audio world, I would defer to FAS for bass amps to model decisions :)

But I love geeking about bass gear... so carry on! :)

The new firmware 13... will come with bass amp.
Orange Ad200, mesa 400... as said in one topic some days ago...

Indeed, ... but wouldn't you like to see some Aguilar, Hartke and Mark bass amp models too ... at some point down the road? :)

I'm just sayin ... ;)

I have offered to ship Cliff my Hartke 1415 bass combo to MIMIC in one thread and he did not seem interested. It's a shame because it is a really versatile amp in terms of the EQ curves with a really cool cab voicing.

My guess is he is very busy with a lot of modelling and this is low priority on his list of sounds to chase.

Back
Top Bottom