age of Axe Fx users?

Sammetal91

Power User
Yep just what the title implies. I've noticed that people who use the Axe Fx are aged and experienced people. I feel like a white bat since I'm 20 and never have owned a tube amp. :D

OLD?? perhaps "mature" would be a better description.. then again... <thinks> judging from some of the post here and elsewhere over the last week over news about the Axe-Fx II, I retract that comment and will stick with old.. 'cus mature was not what a lot of those posts would qualify as.

@s0c9 yeah some of those threads were mighty absurd. I shouldn't really judge though because I added fuel to the fire on the countdown thread :lol

@scorch and how old is dirt?? :razz

I get the impression that Axe owners come from all walks of life, and all ages. I've talked with 11 year olds all the way up to 60+, all quite happy with their purchase.

Wow 11! (i don't know if you meant an axe owner at the age of 11 or just an 11 year old who bought something) Man I wish I had an axe fx at 11. At least my firmware is 11. Yes sir I am a happy axe standard owner.

Yes, an 11 year old. I don't think he bought it himself, as he was 11, but it was his Axe-FX. He was taking classes with Rusty Cooley at the time I met him, back when he still taught a the Music Go Round. Man that was a while back! At least 2 or 3 years ago.

Yes, an 11 year old. I don't think he bought it himself, as he was 11, but it was his Axe-FX. He was taking classes with Rusty Cooley at the time I met him, back when he still taught a the Music Go Round. Man that was a while back! At least 2 or 3 years ago.

damn that kid has to have mad skills. Or nice parents. Or both!

damn that kid has to have mad skills. Or nice parents. Or both!

I know he was pretty fast, he was blowing through scales on a 7 string like a mad man waiting for his lesson, but that's not all there is to guitar. I never met his parents, so i don't know.

I won't divulge my actual age (a guy's gotta keep some mystery about him); I'll just say that I'm old enough to have done the P&W thing back in 1969 — pretty much before it existed. Man, did we ruffle some feathers bringing guitars into the place. :)

If you want a very rough gauge of people's ages, look at the beginning of their posts. As a general rule, only people under a certain age start their posts with the words "OK," "so," or "OK so." :)

Yep just what the title implies. I've noticed that people who use the Axe Fx are aged and experienced people. I feel like a white bat since I'm 20 and never have owned a tube amp. :D

I have kids your age... so yeah I guess I'm old...er

Don't blink, you will be there in no time.

:shock

So far it seems like everyone who has posted here is generally 40 and forward. Interesting.... oh the stories you guys can tell me. Like back when gas was a dollar, hippies were rampant, music was good and meaningful, life was simpler, had tvs that had a chicken head knob to turn the channel and used to bend the antenna in the shape of lyndon b. Johnson's head to get good signal and all that jazz. :razz

Well there are many kids who have Rectifier stacks in their bedroom but you can't impress your friends that much with a little black box >$2000

Back
Top Bottom