AFX3/Matrix Q - Bass and guitar routed to cabs/PA simultaneously?

The Axe FX III seems more than capable to process two separate lines of amps/effects for individual instruments, but are there any other complications that could arise from using it to channel those two chains through separate channels in a stereo poweramp like the Matrix GT1000FX into their own appropriate cabinets, but also have the chain split before the output, so that cabinet simulation can be used for FOH use, using the Matrix and cabinets as stage volume as needed?

To clarify, what I'm envisioning is plugging a guitar into input one, and a bass into input two. I would set up individual chains for each instrument, and before the output stage, split so that maybe outputs one and two are XLR out to front of the house with cabinet simulation, and outputs three and four are without cabinet simulation to feed an individual channel of the Matrix (or other stereo poweramp) for on stage cabinets?

I would also have a foot controller worked for some basic delays and effects on the guitar, but the bass has a consistent tone and doesn't need controlled. I guess I would setup the foot controller in a sort of "stomp box" mode so that stomps change individual effects as needed rather than changing patches.

Any reason this couldn't work in the real world?

Back
Top Bottom