AFX2 + Guitar Resonator video demo - feedback and sustain at all volumes!

Thanks! :) Yes, in the intro I use a pitch block after the amp with an intelligent harmony set to E Dorian. ;)

what degree of harmony are you adding to the root? Also, up in degrees or below the root in degrees? (up a 3rd; down a 5th, etc.)

Ah. I didn't know the elbow had two coils one of which being a pickup coil. Thanks for explaining that. I've always wondered why no one has expanded the elbow to cover more strings. Now I know! Thanks again.

Edit: lol Elbow = Ebow - damned iPad auto correct!

your inbox is full, Narzugon :D

Hi friends,

I'd like to share with you the result of a project that I've been working on for months, investing a lot of time and energy and doing everything I could to make it as good and useful as it can be.
I've always been a fan of Steve Vai's extremely expressive sustainer-driven compositions ("Whispering a Prayer" :encouragement:) and wished to have the tools to do something like that. Needless to say, when my buddy Phil asked me if I was interested in producing a review video about a sustainer called "Vibesware Guitar Resonator" with him, I was very eager to try it out.

When I plugged it in for the first time, I was as much impressed and inspired by what it enabled me to do as I was shocked that it was not better-known among guitarists. I immediately started to write a song to showcase the great possibilities that the Resonator opens up and came up with a 4-minute long instrumental called "The Dive" that can now be heard and seen as part of the finished review video. :)

I've never done something like this before and am VERY happy with the outcome of the whole project, so without further ado, I'm thrilled to finally share this with you all:

(in case you want to skip the talk, the song starts at 4:27)

All lead guitar parts were recorded directly to Pro Tools through my Axe FX II running FW10 using the ODS-100 Clean & Brit Super through Redwirez IRs from the BIGBox pack. The guitar is a Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 String :mrgreen

Feedback is very welcome! (no pun intended.. :lol )

I'm like it !!!
It's similar to the ebow but with a different way of playing!
Good!!! :encouragement:

Yes, excellent demo and product.
I'd been thinking along these lines - sustain - feedback sound.
2 songs come to mind: Satch's Flying in a blue dream, and Santana's Black Magic Woman, the Moonflower version.

Flying in a Blue Dream was the first song in which I ever noticed someone doing creative things with feedback! I was amazed by the sound and had absolutely no idea how he was getting all those cool notes! :encouragement:

VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great demo, so cool!

Thanks!! :mrgreen

Any comments on the structure of the video or ideas what could be improved? I tried to avoid the things that bothered me about review videos that I watched in the past. It was especially challenging to find the right balance between talk, demonstration and music. Figuring out where to place the song demo, too. Everyone's different and there's no perfect solution to these problems, so I thought including the buttons to let people skip parts was a cool idea. Sadly, after publishing the video I found out that the buttons don't seem to work on mobile devices, so I guess somewhere someone's getting mad at me while trying to click the "Shut up and play!" button on his iPhone! :lol

as a huge fan of the sustainiac (and the ebow), i think this is pretty darn cool

well presented and demonstrated and you seem like a jolly nice chap. well done!

I decided to submit my song THE DIVE from the video to the "Driven Creativity Competition". The submission was just approved and I already regret it, since there are obviously competitors who downvote everything with 1 star ratings without even listening :lol

The song needs to survive this stupid voting round with good ratings so that it can be presented to the judges. It takes two seconds to vote, so if you like the song, please help me by rating it here:
http://www.g-technology.eu/competition/comp_entries/music/dive?sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC&filmcategory=All&type_1=comp_sound&rid_1=All

Thank you :)

EDIT: The song made it to #5 and will now be presented to the judges. 8)

Last edited:
Reactions: ALE
Vibesware recently released an updated version of their Junior model called GR Junior II. Here's a little vid showing it in action:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom