AFX II Leslie simulation

hi PacoCasanovas
Can you please upload your Rotary preset for Standard, as I have been strugling a long time to get good results, and still not satisfied, so I would be very happy to try your version.

With the improvements that have been made to the rotary effect since this thread was started, and the current firmware, what have you guys come up with for your current leslie settings? Where in the chain do you prefer the leslie? In series or parallell? In mono or stereo? I'm looking for that "Badge" sound from Cream; David Gilmour's leslie sound; SRV's leslie sound; the "Little Wing" leslie sound.

Re: Clapton Badge...

Eric Clapton - "Badge" Guitar Solo Lesson - SoloAWeek 45 - Solo a Week - YouTube
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Clapton Tweed - by CCRoyalSenders

Try that one.

Man! This thread needs to be an example for all others!!! This is the community effort Cliff spoke of in an earlier thread taking life!!! Totally Incredible!! Suggestion ,strait to Cliff and he applies them , I don't think there's another company that operates like this , directly with customer(users) This is Awesome!!!!!

Am I the only one who feels sad that the AFX II Leslie simulation is so inferior to the Kemper's? I hope this will cease to be the case soon, since so many people love the sound of a great Leslie cabinet.

I agree, what I heard and fiddled with didn't have the mojo. Please guys post your patches if you think you've nailed it. I've been using my Neo Ventilator pedal into the Axe for Leslie stuff.

Nothing like Gilmours tone from the Yamaha RA200,imo smokes any leslie cab.Just listen Dark Side..It would be nice to see that amp modeled..

Except that wasn't a Yamaha RA200 on DSOTM :) Leslie and Univibe.

He started recording with the RA200 on Animals: Yamaha RA-200 « Gilmourish.Com – The largest David Gilmour tone resource on the net!

Not disputing your post,but years ago I read an article in creem magazine called "That Sound",or something like that. DG was the featured artist.What I remember most is DG talking about his preference of the RA200 over the Leslie and its more in dept characteristics,and how it helped shape the sound of Dark Side.

Not disputing your post,but years ago I read an article in creem magazine called "That Sound",or something like that. DG was the featured artist.What I remember most is DG talking about his preference of the RA200 over the Leslie and its more in dept characteristics,and how it helped shape the sound of Dark Side.

He used leslie and also the Maestro Rover rotary speaker on dark side, then again reused on the Division Bell album.
The Maestro speaker the inspired the custom-built doppolas that was used on Pulse.

The Yamaha RA200 has three rotary speakers spinning independently at an horizontal axis, that makes it sound very special, much deeper and more alive.
I cant really hear this character on the dark side. Listen to "Dogs" on the animals album, first solo. There you can hear what the RA200 is all about! :)

You could be right, but nothing I have read points to Gilmour using the RA-200 before Animals. Plus, I don't hear the RA-200 on DSOTM (or WYWH) - but we can hear it starting with Animals.

He used leslie and also the Maestro Rover rotary speaker on dark side, then again reused on the Division Bell album.
The Maestro speaker the inspired the custom-built doppolas that was used on Pulse.

The Yamaha RA200 has three rotary speakers spinning independently at an horizontal axis, that makes it sound very special, much deeper and more alive.
I cant really hear this character on the dark side. Listen to "Dogs" on the animals album, first solo. There you can hear what the RA200 is all about! :)

Yes, exactly - I don't hear the RA-200 on DSOTM. Also, yes, you are right the Maestro Rover was also used on DSOTM.

Yes, exactly - I don't hear the RA-200 on DSOTM. Also, yes, you are right the Maestro Rover was also used on DSOTM.

Maybe DSOTM was mentioned but he was talking about animals instead?Really dont know, it was over 25 yeas ago...The things that clog the subconscious mind :|

Back
Top Bottom