Bug? After Win 10 Update AXE Edit no longer works

Tommy Tempest

Power User
Last night Windows 10 was drastically updated with a new Version 1511. Before the update there were absolutely no problem running Axe Edit. But now, even after uninstalling all the drivers, program, etc., Axe Edit will no longer talk to the AXE FXII XL Plus. I tried it on all my PCs that were updated.
At this moment I'm not sure if it is because of an outdated Axe driver or an issue with Windows 10's latest update.

Didn't build 1511 come out back in November 2015??? I personally don't run Win10, but I would assume if there was a real compatibility issue it would have been hammered out by now for sure.

Here is the fix, in case others are experiencing the same or similar issue:
Go into Device Manager, View Menu and click "Show Hidden Devices". Scroll down and expand the devices. Remove anything you see pertaining to Fractal and Axe.
Restart PC, install Fractal USB Driver and if you still cannot get Axe Edit to recognize the AXE, reinstall Axe Edit.
It appears when Windows 10 Version 1511 is installed, it re-wrote all the specific proprietary drivers with windows 10 generic drivers, but still kept the old drivers installed, causing confusion. Funny thing is one of the fixes in this new version is for USB connectivity.

Didn't build 1511 come out back in November 2015??? I personally don't run Win10, but I would assume if there was a real compatibility issue it would have been hammered out by now for sure.
Not this update
Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511 April 12, 2016 — KB3147458 (OS Build 10586.218)

The Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Setup for Windows is almost a year old. Zip Archive—Jun 06, 2014 (v2014.06.06)
But it would not have to be updated, as long as it still works.

Last edited:
Something not right here, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win 10 64Bit both with axe edit installed, and the Fractal USB driver, both have been updated to the version you linked too with no issues at all. They both work fine.

Something not right here, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win 10 64Bit both with axe edit installed, and the Fractal USB driver, both have been updated to the version you linked too with no issues at all. They both work fine.
Same here - desktop and laptop with Win10 and all the latest Windows updates - everything working fine.

Ditto.

Back
Top Bottom