After over a decade with the original, finally getting an AX8!

Lopp

Inspired
I'll be joining you guys as an AX8 owner within a week. Just made the purchase today after owning the original Standard for over a decade. The Standard still fits my needs except for ease of transporting the rack and controller and setting them up at gigs/jams. Thus, I had always dreamed of an all-in-one unit, was thrilled when the AX8 was released, and finally justified the purchase.

Looking forward to the improved sound, the transportability, the ease of use of the new editor, and the larger amount of available quality patches. I will keep the Standard, part as a backup, and part for nostalgia, as I got it when they were still being hand-built by Cliff.

Fair warning: I'll probably be more active for a bit while waiting for delivery, then possibly active with questions and/or impressions, and then will likely fade into obscurity again due to not wanting to stop playing. ;)

Congratulations!!
Better hang on to that Standard! Hand built USA = None better!
The AX8 is great!

If you like your Standard, then you'll LOVE your AX8. Read the manual. It is very helpful, even for seasoned fractal users. Once your AX8 arrives, don't forget to stop and eat or you'll die. Trust me. I know these things.

Cool! I also bought the Orig early standard but I did sell it.. Wish I hadn't. Anyway, yes you will love the sounds and amazing versatility of the Ax8..................

Hey scottp, Geezerjohn, Stratman68,and Ole,

Thanks for your supportive comments! I love how awesome everyone is on the forum.

Keeping the Standard will be fun, if only for the fond memories, but also because it still sounds better than most of the other modelers out there.

I'll make sure to review the manual and check out the vids in that thread. In fact, that will give me something exciting to do while waiting for the AX8.

Matt

Reactions: Ole
If you like your Standard, then you'll LOVE your AX8. Read the manual. It is very helpful, even for seasoned fractal users. Once your AX8 arrives, don't forget to stop and eat or you'll die. Trust me. I know these things.

It's called the Fractal Audio diet. Way more effective than Atkins, paleo, and grapefruit diet plans. ;)

Back
Top Bottom