After new firmware update, what should I reset ??

mcgyver

Inspired
Hi, Any help would be appreciated.

I know I have seen this here before. But it looks like it might have changed a bit with the newer firmware.

After updating to the newest Q 1.0.1 firmware, what is the best way to reset the axe fx 2 and get the benefits of the new firmware.
while affecting my saved presets the least.

Thank you in advance
Jamie

I'd like an official response on this too. Why reset the system parameters if it's not necessary? Because the firmware alters the sound? Confused...

HI, thanks for your input. I see a setting in the utility menu that says "set amp (s) to default" ???
Not sure how this would affect my saved presets??? Useally when I update firmware, I go to a preset and select the amp block. move it to another amp type, then back again and save????
Not sure if this is a good way. But would like to update all at once without screwing up my presets outside of updating the amp block. Yet still keeping level and parameter settings???

Do a save of your user patches/presets within Axe Edit. Then reset if you want. If you don't like it then, just reload your presets. Problem solved. Reloading should keep your patch and settings the same as when you saved them. At least, thats my idea of how it works.

This was a confusing subject in the past too. I started a thread on it and got some good discussion going, but it indeed does seem like it has changed and I'd love a firm answer to the op's question. It is something I wonder about when updating firmware too.

Back
Top Bottom