After going from 11b to 11 some presets sound loud and have clipping: normal?

zecure

Inspired
I tweaked all my presets in FW 11b and they sounded great. I updated to FW 11 yesterday and now some (not all) of my presets sound very loud and I get some clipping without having changed my input level.
Am i doing something wrong? Is there a quick way to solve this? is it linked to a specific block/effect or not as i am using a lot of them in the chain? should I focus on the amp block?

all help/views welcome. Tx !

and tx fas/beta testers for all the hard work.

I actually found the opposite.. The levels with 11b were all over the map, whereas with Firmware 11.0 all the levels are pretty much bang on consistent! I have cab modelling off though as I use a mesa recto 4x12. Maybe that's where you're experiencing your issues?

Tx for info .. so you think i just have to adjust that part and you think it is normal that the difference from 11b to 11 is that big even if Cliff said the move from 11b to 11 was minimal in terms of impact

I actually found the opposite.. The levels with 11b were all over the map, whereas with Firmware 11.0 all the levels are pretty much bang on consistent! I have cab modelling off though as I use a mesa recto 4x12. Maybe that's where you're experiencing your issues?

I am FRFR so have cab modeling on

Clipping the output means your presets were too close to the max output levels. Adjust in the amp block with the output level control only and you should be good to go.

I had the same issue but it was because of the new delay mix & the fact that all the presets with delay in series had the level at +6 to make up lost gain with the old mix scheme. Turning the delay level back down to 0.0 fixed it.

Hello, i also have the problem with high output (clipping), so i have one question: "Adjust in the amp block with the output level control only and you should be good to go."
What control exactly i have to reduce? There are so many controls in AxeEdit to reduce the output, for example with AC30 amp under parameters: Master vol, Master vol trim or
unter mixer: Level

I had the same issue but it was because of the new delay mix & the fact that all the presets with delay in series had the level at +6 to make up lost gain with the old mix scheme. Turning the delay level back down to 0.0 fixed it.

I'll have to check this. I tried recording something earlier today that has a delay block in there and the recording was clipping where in 11B it was not
thanks for the heads up on this

What control exactly i have to reduce? There are so many controls in AxeEdit to reduce the output, for example with AC30 amp under parameters: Master vol, Master vol trim or
unter mixer: Level
Only the Level control will change your volume without changing your tone.

I had this issue because amp modelling was bizarrely turned off immediately following install. Obviously you are a FRFR guy so you have probably checked this, but it would seem odd if factory presets are clipping out due to a lack of consideration of the new delay mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom