After firmware update do I no longer have to update amp defaults?

Gene

Inspired
Hi all,

I have Quantum 3.01 installed in the Axe FX 2 XL.

Should use the 'set amps to defaults' in utility menu or will this change the amp block in only the currently loaded preset to their default state.

I used to reset all amps in all presets or something following a firmware update but I remember reading somewhere that you no longer have to do this, I think anyway.

I just want to make sure the amp modelling is the most recent but retain the settings of the amp blocks I have altered in my saved presets.

What is the best thing to do/

Thanks in advance,

E

You don't need to update your own patches, but you can, if you want to.

The sound of your patches can change in a good or bad way when the modeling gets updated, and no one else but you can say if it sounds better or worse to you.
Because of that no one can really tell you if a reset of your own patches will change things to the better (for your ears). When you want to keep your presets as they are, it's often better to reaudition them and make some small corrections. Don't worry to miss any goodies, the modeling runs the new algorithms, even if some values are off their defaults.

If you just want to fool around and want to have some fun with different Amps a reset is a good idea. A reset will put all the advancened parameters to the default values, that Cliff messured and found to be original values of the modeled amps. They are accurate then.

Hi all,

I have Quantum 3.01 installed in the Axe FX 2 XL.

Should use the 'set amps to defaults' in utility menu or will this change the amp block in only the currently loaded preset to their default state.

I used to reset all amps in all presets or something following a firmware update but I remember reading somewhere that you no longer have to do this, I think anyway.

I just want to make sure the amp modelling is the most recent but retain the settings of the amp blocks I have altered in my saved presets.

What is the best thing to do/

Thanks in advance,

E
I always switch my amp to another and then back to make sure.

Is it only 'behind the scenes ' parameters that get changed or do the tone controls , gain etc all default to 'flat'?

Back
Top Bottom