AFS100 Cab Suggestions?

zerolight

Inspired
I'm having a hard time getting a great tone out of the AFS model. I'm not sure there's much point pursuing it further as I really like the Plexi 50w High with the Sat Switch on, through the Ownhammer '77 G12M SP SS Mix. Also digging the BE and HBE models. So I guess Marshall is covered - but I have been trying to dial in an Appetite tone on the AFS regardless.

I'm not finding a cab that makes it shine. I've tried a variety of V30s, 12M, 12H, 12L. Nothing really works. Closest I've got is an OH V30 cab and an OH 12H cab together. Prefer the Plexi though, but I'm having fun building a virtual collection of amps none the less.

What you guys using with the AFS? Thanks.

V30.

Of the current available UltraRes V30 cabs I like best: OH's Marshall 4x12 Marshall (Essentials) and Fractal's Recto (Cab Pack 5).

V30.

Of the current available UltraRes V30 cabs I like best: OH's Marshall 4x12 Marshall (Essentials) and Fractal's Recto (Cab Pack 5).

Gah - of course I only have the stuff in the XL, and the OH 412 Vintage and Modern cabs. Plus Clarks TEH, Dollar, etc.

I just dug out cab lab and tried mixing a recipe using the OH 412_MAR-CB_H-BB-55_SS_SP and OH 412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_SS_SP together. I'm quite liking that with the AFS100.

I read this and wonder why you would focus on making the AFD's work when you're already digging your Marshall tones with the Plexi & Friedman models... I mean, your hands, your guitars, your playback system, maybe those models really hit the bullseye. I know a lot of people here have been really digging the AFDs, but like you, I found sounds that were more to my liking in other models.

Are you saying you're going for an Appetite-specific tone that the Friedmans aren't nailing? Or have you tried that? Are you saying the Plexi & BE/HBE models are just your "generic Marshall" tones...?

As for the actual question you asked, +1 to Yek's response. I haven't tried the Jubilee IRs posted above.

Rotti, mostly I'm just back in the Axe fold after having been away a couple years and am having fun messing with different amps. It's not necessary, but I'm just working through them just now.

What's funny is that going back to the BE and HBE after spending a few days with the Plexi and AFS and suddenly I prefer the Plexi and AFS. The Plexi 50 High with sat on is terrific. I'm still gonna continue to build rigs with other amps though. :)

Cheers Muurdock - I have those and like #3. Not sure I tried it with the AFS though. Will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom