Affiliations

To come completely clean, I am the owner of Line6 PODxt that I haven't touched in several years...................I am sorry and ashamed. :(
I might as well come clean now too....so am I (ashamed). But I've just fixed the crappy footswitches that weren't working and were preventing me from selling it to some other poor soul. And to be really honest, (but not quit as ashamed as the Line 6) I also own a Boss MS-3. It's actually pretty good for what it is. But then I got my AX8 and really saw the light ;)

Make sense to me!
Hmm must be missing something (or tweaked something) as I don't see any signatures in this forum at all. Prob blocked em in uBlock after some annoying gifs were in there or something. ;)

Make sense to me!
Hmm must be missing something (or tweaked something) as I don't see any signatures in this forum at all. Prob blocked em in uBlock after some annoying gifs were in there or something. ;)

Signatures are suppressed when you visit this forum on a mobile device.

No MI conflicts here, but
Confession....I did receive a Helix two years ago. I have never opened the box. It came from another individual. He never opened it either.

No MI conflicts here, but
Confession....I did receive a Helix two years ago. I have never opened the box. It came from another individual. He never opened it either.
And here's me thinking the reluctance of some people to remove the protective plastic from their AxeFXs was a bit strange ... but this .....

And here's me thinking the reluctance of some people to remove the protective plastic from their AxeFXs was a bit strange ... but this .....
oh-im definitely that guy-I have plastic covered AxeFx from 2014...Imagine my dilemma with the totally "unprotected" screens on the AxeIII, HELP!

I would gladly be affiliated to fractal on my guitar pages, discord server and it's social medias and youtube accounts :D
More than 3 years without buying an amp or effect thanks to fas team, i love you guys (my bank and wife too)

Ok, I just signed up and I have a question on this particular subject. I use a cab (if I use one that is) made by a German guy. That thing is as boutique as they come, he basically reinvented the guitar cab and it’s a one man business.
Because we know and like each other and because I really think it is by far the best cab I’ve ever played he put me as an “endorser” on his “artists” list on his website.
I don’t pay for that, I don’t get paid for that either.
So he has somebody who praises his work on his website as a user and I get a kick out of being included in a list of some more famous people, which is cool for a gear nerd like me.
I paid my cab full retail price and I might (or might not) get a small 5 or 10% discount if I decided to buy another cab, which probably won’t happen because I have one and we’re not using amps on stage anymore which is the main reason I got me a Fractal unit.
Now here’s the question: do I need to worry about this affiliation or display it?
I’m not making money from it and I see no use whatsoever to praise German handmade cabs on this site..

Ok, I just signed up and I have a question on this particular subject. I use a cab (if I use one that is) made by a German guy. That thing is as boutique as they come, he basically reinvented the guitar cab and it’s a one man business.
Because we know and like each other and because I really think it is by far the best cab I’ve ever played he put me as an “endorser” on his “artists” list on his website.
I don’t pay for that, I don’t get paid for that either.
So he has somebody who praises his work on his website as a user and I get a kick out of being included in a list of some more famous people, which is cool for a gear nerd like me.
I paid my cab full retail price and I might (or might not) get a small 5 or 10% discount if I decided to buy another cab, which probably won’t happen because I have one and we’re not using amps on stage anymore which is the main reason I got me a Fractal unit.
Now here’s the question: do I need to worry about this affiliation or display it?
I’m not making money from it and I see no use whatsoever to praise German handmade cabs on this site..
Sounds like you’re a customer, not a beta tester, employee or representative in any official business capacity.

Sounds like you’re a customer, not a beta tester, employee or representative in any official business capacity.

Ok thanks. That’s basically what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Being a forum moderator myself I didn’t wanna step on anyone’s toes.

I have no authority to make that decision for you, but here’s my take on it:

If I were in your situation, I would treat this as an affiliation. Because it is an affiliation. You are publicly visible as an endorser of a product, and you promote that product. In return, you receive the honor of being noted alongside famous endorsers.

You said that you only praise the product on his website, but you just praised it here, on this forum. And you “may or may not” receive monetary consideration for promoting it. It seems to me that there’s no question about what the forum rules require here.

I have no authority to make that decision for you, but here’s my take on it:

If I were in your situation, I would treat this as an affiliation. Because it is an affiliation. You are publicly visible as an endorser of a product, and you promote that product. In return, you receive the honor of being noted alongside famous endorsers.

You said that you only praise the product on his website, but you just praised it here, on this forum. And you “may or may not” receive monetary consideration for promoting it. It seems to me that there’s no question about what the forum rules require here.

I would agree with both thoughts. However, as you were concerned enough to raise the question, I would list it as an affiliation regardless of any money you might make/save. As far as I can tell, it's not like a cab manufacturer is a competitor of Fractal anyways. Just my two cents.

he put me as an “endorser” on his “artists” list on his website.
i missed this part originally. sorry.

if you are officially considered an endorser, then that is an affiliation. please add it to your forum signature. thanks, and sorry for the misinformation earlier.

You said that you only praise the product on his website, but you just praised it here, on this forum.

Yeah but only to explain the situation. That’s why I did not say who the guy is nor what the brand is as I did not want to promote anything.

Ok, I’ll add it then, no problem.
I just need to look up how other people have put it up and what such a message should look like.

Back
Top Bottom