Af3 vs Af2 default values

edo

Power User
Vendor
I just installed fw 8 on the af3 and ares 2 on the af2, and noticed that some parameters default to different values (e.g. preamp bias -0.150 vs -0.190 and harmonics 4.20 vs 4.50) and was curious to know why and which values should one use for accuracy with the given model.

I just installed fw 8 on the af3 and ares 2 on the af2, and noticed that some parameters default to different values (e.g. preamp bias -0.150 vs -0.190 and harmonics 4.20 vs 4.50) and was curious to know why and which values should one use for accuracy with the given model.
Ac30 model I guess?

I suppose I understand wanting to know and I guess it could be a matter of knowing which is authentic to the specific amp that was modeled. It seems that given the small variance in the parameters that there would be larger discrepancies between two of the actual amps given the tolerances of components used in amp building.

I suppose I understand wanting to know and I guess it could be a matter of knowing which is authentic to the specific amp that was modeled. It seems that given the small variance in the parameters that there would be larger discrepancies between two of the actual amps given the tolerances of components used in amp building.

i was just curious since both updates are kind of simultaneous so I would assume they would share the same default values

Agreed, it would make sense to be the same but there were some changes made to the modelling in the Axe III. Have no clue if the values reflect any of these changes in any way.

they are different machines, different modeling, makes sense they'd have different parameters

well, technically they’re mimic’ing the same amp on the same fw, so I think they could share the same parameters..!

hi edo, for those of us who own a number of your preset packs are you updating those now to ares 1 or 2?
my axefx 2 is still on ares 1.

hi edo, for those of us who own a number of your preset packs are you updating those now to ares 1 or 2?
my axefx 2 is still on ares 1.

i was going to update them to ares 1.03 when it was supposed to be the final fw, but now that apprently it’s not, I guess I’ll wait for future updates (also because I prefer 1.03 over 2.0)

Back
Top Bottom