af3 to iPhone

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but as an A/V professional I’m trying to wrap my head around why anyone would want to use 4K for an iDevice recording — or anything above 720P, for that matter. A waste of bandwidth/space for little (if any) visible improvement for the vast majority of users.

4K was/is a way to keep consumers buying new displays, because “it’s more K’s, innit?”

If it’s picture quality you seek then contrast ratio wins over pixels every time.

I wanted the 'quick' ability to play some riffs for my friends and send it via chat by iphone. I have Logic Pro and can create a better quality video/audio but that takes time and I'd have to host it on my YouTube account. This method is great for the daily riffs I send my buddy's, especially since EVH's death.

Great info in here. Can i assume this would work with the FM3? I plan to try this out after the weekend. Thanks!

Got the official apple adapter delivered today and im getting some crazy crackles and sounds :/ with an Iphone 12. I lowered the video quality as well. Not sure if someone had figured out a way to fix it.
I think the coming usb update will address that, can't remember which firmware version was better on USB for the fm3 but the current has some issues I think

I think the coming usb update will address that, can't remember which firmware version was better on USB for the fm3 but the current has some issues I think
thanks! thats good to know. ill end the FM3 discussion in the AxeFX section now haha

I've temporarily moved into an apartment and want to play my FM3 (should be the same principle as with the Axe III) through my Iphone/Airpod Pros. I'm running USB audio from my FM3 to my iPhone with the camera kit as discussed here. I can't get the iPhone to play the audio through it's speakers or my Airpod Pros when using the camera app, switching to video, and plugging in the camera kit. I am getting signal to the iPhone - I can see the meters respond in Garage Band and I can hear it through the headphones with monitoring on, but there's about a half second delay that ruins it. I think I wouldn't have this delay using the Camera app vs Garage Band, but can't get audio out to the headphones using the Camera app. It seems like the iPhone switches to the FM3 as an audio playback device when I plug in the camera kit and kills the headphones, even though it's also treating it as an audio input device.

I've temporarily moved into an apartment and want to play my FM3 (should be the same principle as with the Axe III) through my Iphone/Airpod Pros. I'm running USB audio from my FM3 to my iPhone with the camera kit as discussed here. I can't get the iPhone to play the audio through it's speakers or my Airpod Pros when using the camera app, switching to video, and plugging in the camera kit. I am getting signal to the iPhone - I can see the meters respond in Garage Band and I can hear it through the headphones with monitoring on, but there's about a half second delay that ruins it. I think I wouldn't have this delay using the Camera app vs Garage Band, but can't get audio out to the headphones using the Camera app. It seems like the iPhone switches to the FM3 as an audio playback device when I plug in the camera kit and kills the headphones, even though it's also treating it as an audio input device.

It doesn't kill the headphones, there's just nothing routing audio to the headphones. A half second of latency doesn't sound right. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to record your guitar?

It doesn't kill the headphones, there's just nothing routing audio to the headphones. A half second of latency doesn't sound right. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to record your guitar?
Not recording - just trying to play my FM3 through headphones. I've got an early one without the headphone jack, and would prefer using my wireless headphones (airpod pros).

You'll get terrible latency if you do that, due to a couple of factors, including the use of bluetooth headphones. You'll be way better off if you rig up a headphone jack to your FM3 output and connect wired headphones.

You can also connect a microphone to the Axe-Fx III for live streaming.
AND, you can use the guitar sound as the sidechain source for a compressor on the mic so that you don't hear the strings while playing!
I have been wondering this for a few days now. Guitar on in/Out1, mic on in2 but Out1?

Back
Top Bottom