AF2 on the way...

Orvillain

Power User
So I've been gassing for an Axe FX for about four years now, basically since I heard about the Ultra. Well I finally ordered one. It was a b-stock from g66, one of the AF2 Mark I's. I plan to use it in several ways:

1. For live and rehearsals use it in 4-cable method with my Diezel D-Moll and switch the Axe and my Diezel using an MFC controller when I get that.
2. For recording demos at home where I can't really go that loud with my Diezel amp. I'll probably just flog my 2x12 that I have setup in my room currently!

Anyone got any tips/advice/things I should try when I get the unit? I want to be prepared before hand, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to set it up like. In the Axe it'd be something like this:

Volume (always on) (Expression pedal 1)
Wah (bypassable) (Expression pedal 2, and switch 1)
Drive block - Only if I need it and can get a convincing low-gain tubescreamer sound.
PEQ block - Bit of finetuning of the tone going to the amp

Effects in front of the Diezel D-Moll:
Phaser - X set to a fast small stone style sound Y set to a slow Phase 90 style sound
Delay 1 - Set to reverse mode, sync'd to a quarter note, mix around 20%
Delay 2 - Set to mono mode, sync'd to a quarter note, mix around 25%
Reverb 1 - Set to hall mode, sounding as close to my sound as I can get it

[DIEZEL D-MOLL PREAMP]

Post D-Moll effects:
Gate - Tame the noise of the amp, hopefully without cutting off notes!
PEQ block - Some post EQ, depending on what I fancy really and what works for the tones.
Volume - Switchable, so I can do swells after the D-Moll gain.
Multi Delay - Set to quad tap, with the levels for 2+3+4 all turned off so it's effectively a regular delay pedal.
Reverb 2 - I'm not 100% sure what I want this to sound like. I think I want to try a ridiculously long reverb tail, with a good amount of roll-off on the low frequencies, and some ducking using the main incoming guitar signal as the key.

-------

Idea is to switch using scenes. I had one question on that; is it possible to name scenes and to have that reflected on the MFC screen????

Back
Top Bottom