AF2 equivalent IRs in FM3?

Jupiter

Inspired
Hey gang, have been on the wait list since Sept. 2019 (EU) so I still enjoy my AF2 on a daily basis. A few moments ago I took a look at the AF3/FM3 factory IRs (Wiki) and I kinda freaked out about how many of them are there. IR hunting is just not for me and it would take me several days if not weeks to go through all of them so here's a simple question for anyone that happens to know.

The last +9 years I've been using (and have been extremely happy with) only the following three AF2 factory IRs:

F034 4x12 Basketweave G12H30 (RW)
F036 4x12 Basketweave G12M20 (RW)
F112 4x10 SV Bass Subkick

Before the Ares 2 I would usually choose the R121 mic, but since I updated to Ares 2 I always have the Mic set to None.

So, does anyone know what's the equivalent IRs in the FM3 of these?

Thanks in advance!

Legacy Bank of the FM3

Thanks and obviously you're right!

I am surely getting blind because I missed this:

" The amp modelers have two Factory banks with 1,024 UltraRes IRs each, and a Legacy bank which contains all 189 stocks cabs from the Axe-Fx II. "

Thanks again, move along people, nothing to see here... :D

Another thing to keep in mind is that both the amp modeling (especially the speaker drive/impedance curves) sound pretty different from the II. I imported over all my patches and IRs from the II, thinking I'd stay with all of my tried and true IR selections. I ended up going with some pretty different ones that sound way better in the FM3, including a few I had for while and had tried in the II but didn't like whereas in the FM3 they sound fantastic.

Thanks Poparad, noted!

These three IRs will be my starting point, if I hear anything I don't like, I'll take it from there. Good thing is I only use 3 guitar amps (with two of these IRs) and 3 bass amps (with the third IR) so it will be pretty easy for me to decide if those work nicely or not.

Back
Top Bottom