AES/EBU TROUBLE

Felicidade1

Hi!

I have decided to connect my Eventide Eclipse to my AxeFx III using both AES/EBU I/O. I have assigned the following:

Digital input source to 'AES'
AES/EBU output source to 'Output 2'
Input 2 Source to 'Digital'

Eclipse is receiving input signal from Axe Fx III and clock is sync'ed.

So I created 'Output 2' and 'Input 2' on the grid. 'Output 2' shows that signal is coming in (presumably from the Eclipse). But there's nothing showing on the meter in Input 2.

What am I missing?

I don't think the Axe-FX III is able to use the SPDIF/AES input and its own internal clock at the same time. You need to set the Axe "word clock" parameter to SPDIF/AES. The other device needs to (unlike the Axe-FX III) be able to use its own clock while also using both digital in & out. (I'm not sure if the Eclipse is able to operate this way.)

I don't think the Axe-FX III is able to use the SPDIF/AES input and its own internal clock at the same time. You need to set the Axe "word clock" parameter to SPDIF/AES. The other device needs to (unlike the Axe-FX III) be able to use its own clock while also using both digital in & out. (I'm not sure if the Eclipse is able to operate this way.)
Thank you very much, Bakerman, for the solution. I tried looking at the manual but really did not see that information (I could have missed it somehow). I just set the Eclipse to 48 and the AxeFx III 'word clock' parameter to SPDIF/AES. It is working fine now.

Im having the same issue as I am trying one last time to A/B a two notes torpedo studio before I decide to sell. But this is not good if I have to clock to a cab simulator? And I too own an eventide rack.. I want my axe fx 3 to be the master tempo clock because that is what gets the master tap and master tempos always according to presets!

I got mine to work too and thanks.. but this is not ideal to clock to a cab sim likw i am trying with my torpedo studio and 2) no matter what i do, I can only use either the cab sim or the cab block but never both because no mater where I set the alignment of cabs in the cab block it still has a flangelike spund to it when I blend my external two notes studio on an effects loop.. with the cab block in parallel on another row

I got mine to work too and thanks.. but this is not ideal to clock to a cab sim likw i am trying with my torpedo studio and 2) no matter what i do, I can only use either the cab sim or the cab block but never both because no mater where I set the alignment of cabs in the cab block it still has a flangelike spund to it when I blend my external two notes studio on an effects loop.. with the cab block in parallel on another row
That’s how it works in “real world” mic and cab situations. We’re spoiled with the alignment in the Axe. To fix this you’d need to adjust time alignment on the sources until they sound how you want them to.

That’s how it works in “real world” mic and cab situations. We’re spoiled with the alignment in the Axe. To fix this you’d need to adjust time alignment on the sources until they sound how you want them to.

The alignment of the source in the fx loop would be a bit more delayed than the cab block's ir hence the fact that I just told you I have tried to compensate for this with the cab block's alignment tool in the axe fx 3 by delaying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The alignment of the source in the fx loop would be a bit more delayed than the cab block's ir hence the fact that I just told you I have tried to compensate for this with the cab block's alignment tool in the axe fx 3 by delaying it.
If I remember right, the alignment in the cab block only effect the cab block, and will not move the sound relative to the other blocks. You may want to try a 100% wet delay set to very low values.

If I remember right, the alignment in the cab block only effect the cab block, and will not move the sound relative to the other blocks. You may want to try a 100% wet delay set to very low values
Why wouldn't the sound of the IR be delayed if I phase-delayed the one IR just because its the only one delayed? Functions should do what the function is meant to do.

This is not ideal since I do not wish for it to go through a delay effect algorithm unless the block is designed like a broadcast audio delay.

Then I will need to make a new wish list request for a new block.
A Rane Broadcast Delay. This would not only solve my problem but it woulld allow for pseudo-stereo effects too by offsetting one cab block, as opposed to relying only on the enhance block in stereo which isn't a strong enough stereo.

Why wouldn't the sound of the IR be delayed if I phase-delayed the one IR just because its the only one delayed? Functions should do what the function is meant to do.

This is not ideal since I do not wish for it to go through a delay effect algorithm unless the block is designed like a broadcast audio delay.

Then I will need to make a new wish list request for a new block.
A Rane Broadcast Delay. This would not only solve my problem but it woulld allow for pseudo-stereo effects too by offsetting one cab block, as opposed to relying only on the enhance block in stereo which isn't a strong enough stereo.
The issue with adding delay when aligning back is that people that would need to align an IR backwards would end up with a greater perceived latency, thus effecting other parts of the playing experience. It is not ideal for your use case, however most users use IR’s in the box. It could work to request an addition of a phase alignment algo for this use.

at this point the latency from the AES effects loop is too notable that at this point its irrelevant. I am hoping that this problem can be adressed. i am plugging in my to notes torpedo studio rack as the cabs (because I prefer their sound sometimes). I can hear some latency i can tell when i tap my pick on the pickup even more so. i can here that pingponging.

*Update: Aes Loop Latency noticeable more on Mark Yellow Channel actually. Strange. Seems on point on the JVM Orange channel at least.

Back
Top Bottom