AES and Line 6 Powercab Plus

No just out 2 on its own to the power cab.

Yep, that works as expected for me also. Really well, in fact.

You're right that you'll need a MIDI cable to switch the powercab modes from the Axe. I probably wouldn't, I'd just keep it on the same speaker for everything depending on genre.

Yep, that works as expected for me also. Really well, in fact.

You're right that you'll need a MIDI cable to switch the powercab modes from the Axe. I probably wouldn't, I'd just keep it on the same speaker for everything depending on genre.

I thought about using one speaker model on the Powercab as well but I was fooling around last night after watching Marco's live stream he did ( Thanks Marco) and tried a couple of the Valhallir Boogie cabs on the Axe and I'm really liking the sound of those at the moment. I will give the Powercab midi a try over the weekend.

I'm interested as well, as I currently own a PC+ and am considering adding another, or just buying a pair of FRFR's for uses beyond by studio monitors. If I get time this weekend I will connect mine up with the Line6 AES cable, and see how things go.

Any further thoughts on this problem? I've yet to get AES to work properly with my PowerCab Pluses.

Okay:

Same PAIR of AES cables and same PAIR of PowerCab+ units work with the Helix, right?
Can you get EITHER PC+ to work with the AES output of the FXIII?

It looks to me that there is something goofy in how the assignment is done in the output of the AXE. I do wish that I had a 3 in order to test it for you. Alas, it 'just works' with the XL.
Have you shot an email to the official support line? If you get resolution, please post it here in order to inform the next person that struggles with the issue.

Same PAIR of AES cables and same PAIR of PowerCab+ units work with the Helix, right?
Can you get EITHER PC+ to work with the AES output of the FXIII?

I have two different AES cables. Neither of them works with either PC+ from the AES output of the FXIII. It sounds like Flat Mode mixed with some kind of digital, high end noise. Almost like a clock mismatch. And it drops in and out.

I wonder if the PC+ AES is somehow only designed to work with Line6 stuff.

Supposedly not. It is supposed to be device agnostic when using AES. Says so in the manual. Naturally, Line6 has their L6Link technology which does work.

Tried it with a normal XLR cable to Out 2 on the Axe, works great. Tried it in FRFR mode and also tried disabling the cab block on the axe and using the built in ones on the power cab.

I was just curious to test the AES cable as well. I'm assuming the AES cable doesn't offer any control over the cab models in the power cab? that's just for the helix? I'd have to run a midi cable if I wanted to change the built in speaker models on the Powercab and then use the Axe's midi block to change them on the fly?

Hey did you do from the out of the channel 2 or AES out?

I have two Powercab Pluses, set about 2m apart for great stereo. I also have a Helix Rack plugged into those XLR/L6 Link inputs, so they're not available for the AxeFx3. So I just have the AxeFx3 audio outputs plugged into the PC+ audio inputs (stereo), and as you suggested - got GREAT sounds. And by geez - they can shift some air...! Don't forget to wind up your Powercabs to 0dB output - they come with a default of -18dB I seem to recall. Done in the Master menu setup.

So I now have both the Helix Rack and the Fx3 running into two Powercab Pluses, and I have two Line6 G10S wireless units, one into the Helix and one into the Fx3. To change from one to the other is simply a matter of swapping the little G10T transmitter units that I plug into the guitar. The ultimate setup for me :)

Any update on this? Did anyone manage to get the AES work between Axe III and PC+?

I've been following this stuff closely, and I can only find one person out there thus far who says they have it working with the AxeFx III.
I tried to mirror all of his suggestions, and still nothing.

I am out of options so I gave up on it for the moment. Even updated the L6 PC212 with it's new FW and no luck. No sound.
Output 1 meters blink, but nothing from the PC.

I saw a post on another forum, from someone who seemed to know their stuff about L6 products, and his statement was that the L6 Link/"AES" input is "only compatible with Line 6 products". Yet people can get the Ultra, XL, and the II to work with L6 PC AES inputs......so???
Obviously they work with SOME sources other than L6.

It's seems to just be with the III where the issue arises. I must have scrolled through the PC menu fifty times to see if there was something I was missing. It still sounds great with the stereo XLR outputs. Just wish I could try the 48k from the AES. Ugh.

I've been following this stuff closely, and I can only find one person out there thus far who says they have it working with the AxeFx III.

I am out of options so I gave up on it for the moment. Even updated the L6 PC212 with it's new FW and no luck. No sound.

I saw a post on another forum, from someone who seemed to know their stuff about L6 products, and his statement was that the L6 Link/"AES" input is "only compatible with Line 6 products". Yet people can get the Ultra, XL, and the II to work with L6 PC AES inputs......so???

It's seems to just be with the III where the issue arises. I must have scrolled through the PC menu fifty times to see if there was something I was missing. It still sounds great with the stereo XLR outputs. Just wish I could try the 48k from the AES. Ugh.
With AES, it might save a few ms in latency, which might or might not change how you feel when playing. Too bad, it doesn't work.

The normal XLR works great, PC212 sounds glorious with a bit volume.

did you reach out to Line6 support yet?

Back
Top Bottom