Bug? AE3 Freezes AxeFX

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
AE3 is great, but here's a little bug I found:

- Axe-Edit Version: V3 (no other programs sharing MIDI ports)
- Your Axe-Fx II Firmware Version: V11
- Your computer OS/Version: Windows 7 SP1 32-bit
- Other connected USB peripherals: USB driver v1.68, also USB keyboard & mouse attached
- Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:

The attached patch is something of a template patch I use. The first 4 blocks are intended to be GEQ1, GEQ2, GEQ3, GEQ4 (used in different scenes for different guitars). Attempting to add the next GEQ3 freezes the AxeFX with a blank screen. AE3 reports a communication timeout.

CPU usage is about 80%, and I can add the remaining 2 GEQs in the AxeFX no problem, provided AE3 is not running. I've removed global links from the attached patch, so hopefully this helps locate the problem.

The same thing happens on a similar patch, but I also have another similar patch successfully using GEQ1 to GEQ4. All of these patches use the same global cab block with an OH user cab, so I think that's ok.

Attachments

• Chunk.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Confirmed here too

I got 2 varying responses

1. Vanilla fw11 install - Axe screen went blank and Axe froze after trying to add 3rd GEQ in

2. Turned USB Adaptor Mode to 'On' in Axe I/O settings - this time the Axe screen stayed on the layout after trying to add the GEQ - but Axe still froze and AE got communication error.

Also confirm that using front panel allowed me to add GEQ - but AE dropped communication

Back
Top Bottom